Humans, the Superior Beings

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
Had been thinking abt this for a few years but keep walking in a closed loop with no answers in the horizon.

Humans, with our language, walking on 2 feet, ability to carry out a proper discourse to others in a spoken language, with the so-called 'advanced technology' which is a double-edged sword.

Compared with animals with no apparent spoken language but with natural abilities going beyond that of human beings without the assistance of gadgets, humans are always deemed as the 'superior beings'.

It makes me wonder at times, how exactly superior is this superior being, is it really superior? Or is it merely a term made by our own deluded self in an attempt to raise our perceived self-worth and lower our own hidden inferiority complex?

The dolphins are probably saying, "Look at these humans.... working all day in little cubicles and chasing little pieces of paper. Can they truly be free to do what they wanna do? They have all painted themselves into a corner."

Hahhaa.... do consider that while we are all here able to read CS, afford cheap "economy rice", play with cameras that cost a few K; there are still some humans that have to live day by day just to survive. Are we really superior?
:confused:

Humans can make the dolphins jump for entertainment but ever see dolphins make humans jump for their entertainment?

hanafi said:
Humans can make the dolphins jump for entertainment but ever see dolphins make humans jump for their entertainment?

In relations, ya...

Man make dolphins jump,
dolphins make kids jump,
kids make man jump...

the circle of fate... :bsmilie:

Heck, I can put a chain and collar on u, prod u with an electric pod and let YOU jump in my entertainment.

How abt that?

jsbn said:
Had been thinking abt this for a few years but keep walking in a closed loop with no answers in the horizon.

Humans, with our language, walking on 2 feet, ability to carry out a proper discourse to others in a spoken language, with the so-called 'advanced technology' which is a double-edged sword.

Compared with animals with no apparent spoken language but with natural abilities going beyond that of human beings without the assistance of gadgets, humans are always deemed as the 'superior beings'.

It makes me wonder at times, how exactly superior is this superior being, is it really superior? Or is it merely a term made by our own deluded self in an attempt to raise our perceived self-worth and lower our own hidden inferiority complex?

but does it really matters if we are superior or not. yes, it is definitely self perceived, because I have never seen all the animals and human come together and decide that we are the most superior beings, but again, does it really matter.

Unconsciously, the thought of superiority had already seeped into many minds where people look upon animals as animals.

jsbn said:

The main difference between the Superior one and the rest is simply the Brain ... :think:

So what exactly is the diff between Human Brains and Animal Brains?

Put religious stuff aside guyz since I personally don't take in that stuff. ;)

currently, human think that we are superior because we think that we are more intelligent.

But I think human are more superior in certain fields only, and we lose out in many other fields. Human manage to find way/skill/tool to adaptor to different environment, where others may not be able to (think on how to) survive.

jsbn said:
So what exactly is the diff between Human Brains and Animal Brains?

Put religious stuff aside guyz since I personally don't take in that stuff. ;)
so far ,human brain are the biggest in term of brain : body ratio if compare to other animals.
Extract from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain
The structure of the human brain differs from that of other animals in several important ways. These differences allow for many abilities over and above those of other animals, such as advanced cognitive skills. Human encephalization is especially pronounced in the neocortex, the most complex part of the cerebral cortex. The proportion of the human brain that is devoted to the neocortex—especially to the prefrontal cortex—is larger than in all other animals.
Humans have unique neural capacities, but much of their brain structure is similar to that of other mammals. Basic systems that alert the nervous system to stimulus, that sense events in the environment, and monitor the condition of the body are similar to those of even non-mammalian vertebrates. The neural circuitry underlying human consciousness includes both the advanced neocortex and prototypical structures of the brainstem. The human brain also has a massive number of synaptic connections allowing for a great deal of parallel processing.

But is superiority really determined by a bundle of nerves and the size of ur cerebal cortex? :dunno:

jsbn said:
But is superiority really determined by a bundle of nerves and the size of ur cerebal cortex? :dunno:
The most important difference of the human brain and the rest is the ability to analyse, to see a problem and to seek for a solution. Some animals (chims, apes, orang, etc..) also have these ability but not as "advance" as the human brain, that is why human beings is still the superior ones, whether you want it or not. :think:
Put it as an example .... in the production line, who is the Superior ones? Those workers who job is, say just join 2 parts, and this does not require any "thinking", compare to a superior who has to co-ordinate the whole production line ... who is more superior?

Depends on how you see it, if you say about comparison in purely intelligent field only, then yes, human brain are superior in intelligent. And it give us advantage to think and make use of tools/situation to gain advantage for our own kind (but some actually make it worse, like pollution, global warming etc, how ironic :confused: )

But in other cases, a few bacteria or viruses probably can ruin the whole brain easily.

zcf said:
currently, human think that we are superior because we think that we are more intelligent.
In term of intelligent, human beings do not have to think that they are superior, because they ARE superior.... this is a fact ...:think:

Canonised said:
In term of intelligent, human beings do not have to think that they are superior, because they ARE superior.... this is a fact ...:think:
I am not so sure if we compare with other unknown ET or Gods :bsmilie:

In certain field we may lose out to Computer also, make me think one day what happen the AI is really being over superior to human being, wonder they will cull human just like culling cat in Singapore here :eek: , just because human are quite a nuisance too :sweat:

We are superior!
We hold dominance over all creatures and we endevour to change our environment
We irrigate, we build dams and walls
Nevermind that we cause sea levels to rise with our release of greenhouse gases.
Nevermind that we cause ancient icons like the dead sea to shrink because of our irrigation.
Nevermind that we have caused the largest mass extinction since the dinosaurs went the way of the dodo. and mentioning the dodo,
Nevermind that we hunted the dodo to death and most large mammals during the ice age.
Nevermind that we fight wars and practise unspeakable cruelty to one another
Nevermind that our sense of compassion sometimes is overshadowed by our sense of indifference.

Nevermind all that, for we are superior.....

centuryegg said:
We are superior!
We hold dominance over all creatures and we endevour to change our environment
We irrigate, we build dams and walls
Nevermind that we cause sea levels to rise with our release of greenhouse gases.
Nevermind that we cause ancient icons like the dead sea to shrink because of our irrigation.
Nevermind that we have caused the largest mass extinction since the dinosaurs went the way of the dodo. and mentioning the dodo,
Nevermind that we hunted the dodo to death and most large mammals during the ice age.
Nevermind that we fight wars and practise unspeakable cruelty to one another
Nevermind that our sense of compassion sometimes is overshadowed by our sense of indifference.

Nevermind all that, for we are superior.....
Why mask ur words? Juz put it simply in 3 words will do:

"Superior in Stupidity"

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT
As of today, I am the enemy of mankind and myself. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.