HSBC Wakeboard World Cup Spore 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
i will be going too

RossChang said:
Any one else going?... how we know who's going ?...

Look out for using a gaffered D70s & Sigma 70-200mm, that will be me
if no others doing same..
Or someone here might want to organise?

donchua said:
Look out for using a gaffered D70s & Sigma 70-200mm, that will be me
if no others doing same..
Or someone here might want to organise?

let bak zhan organise lor:D

shlfter said:
let bak zhan organise lor:D

Me?
I am thinking of but I still can't confirm what time I can be there
but for sure I will go there..;p

I just received this thru' email...not sure if it is useful..heck, will post it anyway

1. Catch 35 of the world’s best wakeboarders compete for the total cash purse of US$50,000!
2. Photography contest – five iPod Nanos up for grabs for the best shots captured of the athletes in action.
3. Sure-Win Lucky Dip* – cool prizes to be won on both days!
4. Guess-The-Winner Contest – walk away with a wakeboard for guessing the correct competition winner (male/female).
5. Catch world renowned Stars of Florida perform Waterski stunts at these time slots:
22 Oct 2005, Sat - 1.30 pm & 7.00 pm
23 Oct 2005, Sun - 12.00 pm & 4.30 pm

happy shooting ! :lovegrin:

AhV said:
I just received this thru' email...not sure if it is useful..heck, will post it anyway

1. Catch 35 of the world’s best wakeboarders compete for the total cash purse of US$50,000!
2. Photography contest – five iPod Nanos up for grabs for the best shots captured of the athletes in action.
3. Sure-Win Lucky Dip* – cool prizes to be won on both days!
4. Guess-The-Winner Contest – walk away with a wakeboard for guessing the correct competition winner (male/female).
5. Catch world renowned Stars of Florida perform Waterski stunts at these time slots:
22 Oct 2005, Sat - 1.30 pm & 7.00 pm
23 Oct 2005, Sun - 12.00 pm & 4.30 pm

happy shooting ! :lovegrin:

usefull info... thanks :thumbsup:

tell you wat guys, why dun u just use the wakeboarding booth as a base of sorts to meet or let ppl know u r there. Most probably ill be there all the time so if someone comes and lets me know who they are, ill jus direct them to the rest. if im not there, there should be someone who can direct u to me (this applies for Sat only).

2day i met the pros, models and went to scope out the place. the place is really long and big so will be quite hard to meet. Also i realized taking some shots 2day is that u really need a fast & long lens otherwise u can't catch them in flight...then again, 2days weather was really bad...

would love to shoot with you guys and get some tips as im still a super newbie and would really like to learn :)

Sharpion said:
tell you wat guys, why dun u just use the wakeboarding booth as a base of sorts to meet or let ppl know u r there. Most probably ill be there all the time so if someone comes and lets me know who they are, ill jus direct them to the rest. if im not there, there should be someone who can direct u to me (this applies for Sat only).

2day i met the pros, models and went to scope out the place. the place is really long and big so will be quite hard to meet. Also i realized taking some shots 2day is that u really need a fast & long lens otherwise u can't catch them in flight...then again, 2days weather was really bad...

would love to shoot with you guys and get some tips as im still a super newbie and would really like to learn :)

Your long lens mean 200mm, 300mm, 400mm or longer?

donchua said:
Your long lens mean 200mm, 300mm, 400mm or longer?

From my last year shot record .... 200mm + TC1.7

35955196.jpg

RossChang said:
Hmm... where's the part abt models?...

Gaffered 300D user here.. :p... and a gaffered big hood too... :p

Big Hood == Big Lens ? ;p

I will be there on Sunday morning (unless it rains) ...

eawtan said:

me too... see you there if i know who you are :bsmilie:

eawtan said:

mohgui said:
me too... see you there if i know who you are :bsmilie:

I know 2 of you..;p

I'll be there on Sunday so those of you going on Saturday, please post any useful advice here. I imagine you will need at least 200mm+ to get some nice closely cropped action.

Look out for me on Sunday - English guy with D2X and 70-200 + 1.7TC. Will probably be a group of us so come over and say hey.

For everyone's benefit, here is the situation just now when I went to Bedok Reservoir to do some recce.

IMG_1493_copy.jpg

There are still some final touch-ups in progress. Photo is a little blur as it was hand held, did not bring my tripod.

OK. For those who are coming from Bishan, there is a new SBS service 59 (commencing from 23 Oct., Sunday) that will bring you to Bedok Reservoir for the event. Please refer to the signage below.

IMG_1494_copy.jpg

Canew said:
Weather report for both Saturday (22 Oct.) & Sunday (23 Oct.) does not look good. :(

If Sun weather not good.. will just head down to Raffles City for the Fashion..;p

Status
Not open for further replies.