Hoya UV filter pricing, increase??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaikibbler

Jan 28, 2009
I just went to Peninsular for two 67mm UV filters. Hoya double coated usually cheap cheap, last time I bought a 55mm filter for $18 from K-13. Today they quote me $37~$38 for 67mm!!! Is there really such a price increase, or I getting chopped by them? Lidat might as well buy $40+ B+W filters.

Can recommend a good, competitively-priced place to buy filters?

55mm and 67mm is not apple to apple comparison lor....u try asking 77mm...I think you will fell of the chair :lovegrin:

IMO the price is in the acceptable range....there could be cheaper a few dollar here and there but your time also cost $ as well :thumbsup:

hmm...thanks for that. Didn't realize there would be such a big difference.

Yes price has increased for most filters. For european product, there is an annual price revision(increment). Hence if you think you want to wait for price to drop for B+W, heliopan, leica, zeiss product. I dont think it will come true unless the exchange rate change a lot. For japanese product it is the increase in yen. With the weaken sgd, photography equipment is gonna be ex... sigh. Last yr june was the best time to buy things.

Pound and Euro has been weakening......how come price still go up?
To beat the weakening of their currency?

From my understanding HOYA is just a brand and manufactured by Tokina. I was told by the counter getting Tokina is the same as HOYA but at a much cheaper price for the same thing. Can anyone confirm this?

From my understanding HOYA is just a brand and manufactured by Tokina. I was told by the counter getting Tokina is the same as HOYA but at a much cheaper price for the same thing. Can anyone confirm this?

Tokina is indeed cheaper than the same size HOYA filters though they're basically the same item with different branding.

Status
Not open for further replies.