Hoya Graduated ND Filter

for slot in type filter..................... it usually comes this way, which i mentioned earlier.

you have:

1) FILTER HOLDER RING, which screws into lens, for different lens diameter, you will need different filter holder ring.

2) FILTER HOLDER slides onto the ring

3) FILTER slides into filter holder

so yes, you need specific diameter filter holder ring, but these probably cost less than buying individual screw in filters, e.g. nd4, nd8, etc............

Ok, I got it now.. thanks so much! :)

Just curious, is there such a thing called a Graduated ND 2, 4, X filters? Meaning the shades of grey get darker as the ND increases.

Googled but most pages came up either a 'solid' ND X where the entire filter is grey or a graduated ND which is 50/50 transparent to grey but the grey doesn't seem as dark as an ND 8 for eg.

Im looking at taking pix of beaches to capture the creamy waves as well as sundown/sunrise.

Just curious, is there such a thing called a Graduated ND 2, 4, X filters? Meaning the shades of grey get darker as the ND increases.

Googled but most pages came up either a 'solid' ND X where the entire filter is grey or a graduated ND which is 50/50 transparent to grey but the grey doesn't seem as dark as an ND 8 for eg.

Im looking at taking pix of beaches to capture the creamy waves as well as sundown/sunrise.

Of course, below is an example of different 'strength' of GND lee filters offers. They call it 0.3, 0.6 and so on, but it's the same as a GND2, GND4, etc....

http://www.leefilters.com/camera/products/finder/ref:C475674155E58E/

Just got my Cokin filters today from CP.:D

The adaptor ring cost $18(77mm) and the holder(P series) $14. For the filters, it depends on what you are going for but on average, they start at $30 per piece.

Cheers:)

Just got my Cokin filters today from CP.:D

The adaptor ring cost $18(77mm) and the holder(P series) $14. For the filters, it depends on what you are going for but on average, they start at $30 per piece.

Cheers:)

After u try it out, do share your experience on the colour cast issue if you do have it.
Someone in the forum mentioned that it's only produced if you stack them up.
But I read somewhere else that it's due to long exposures..
So plz do share if you dont mind.. :)

After u try it out, do share your experience on the colour cast issue if you do have it.
Someone in the forum mentioned that it's only produced if you stack them up.
But I read somewhere else that it's due to long exposures..
So plz do share if you dont mind.. :)

I always thought that colour cast in digital was a result of stacking. :dunno::think: