How worried are you with the swine flu?

Are you worry about the swine flu?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't really know how to be worried......... as I'm flying off to Bahrain and Tanzania in 2 days' time :(

haha looks like i'm not the only one totally bo chup about the swine flu.
i think i won't worry about the physical impact it will have on singapore as it is still pretty faraway~ in mexico and US.
i do agree that i'm sort of worried about the economical impact -_- recession is real bad now and now we have all these funny things coming up. what's the world becoming of~
recession? wat recession? everyday i see ppl quqeing up to those swanky restaurents and the stores are full of ppl shopping like there's no tomolo...wat recession? hahah!

the oni recession is felt by the workers who got their salaries cut by bosses who are the one feeling the so called recession. afterall, they cant stand making a drop of profit from 100million to 80million mah.

on another note, i don see how it will impact the economy...by much lor. wat will be effected...really? air travel? that's a given in any crisis...we have been thru crisis after crisis that airlines has perpetual crisis level pricing. health care bill? hmmm.....big deal, like the gahmen is gonna pay our medical bills...and insurance? its insurance, they had to pay, if not, we pay them premium for wat? food market...well...too small and insignificant to be...significant.

recession? wat recession? everyday i see ppl quqeing up to those swanky restaurents and the stores are full of ppl shopping like there's no tomolo...wat recession? hahah!

the oni recession is felt by the workers who got their salaries cut by bosses who are the one feeling the so called recession. afterall, they cant stand making a drop of profit from 100million to 80million mah.

on another note, i don see how it will impact the economy...by much lor. wat will be effected...really? air travel? that's a given in any crisis...we have been thru crisis after crisis that airlines has perpetual crisis level pricing. health care bill? hmmm.....big deal, like the gahmen is gonna pay our medical bills...and insurance? its insurance, they had to pay, if not, we pay them premium for wat? food market...well...too small and insignificant to be...significant.

that's because we have our govt doing alot of dirty work for us. u shld check out the other countries :) it will. tourism and stuffs, and it will hit us REALLY bad if the cases in US continue increasing as it means disruption in work and as we all know, US's economy has a global impact.

We buy a lottery ticket each week.

Will we win :dunno:

I see it as 50/50 ... you either win or you dont .... it is your time to be lucky or it is not.

Will I get the swine flu :dunno: 50/50 .... maybe .... maybe not.

We will not win the lotto if we don't buy a ticket..... 0% chance.

We are unlikely to get the little piggy (or goat head) flu if we are carefull and clean.

But if we do .... that is fate. Nothing will change fate.

Buying 10 lotto tickets will not alter chances of fate in being rich either.

Just as I will not buy 10 lotto tickets, I will not go crazy about the flu either.

It happens or it doesn't happen......

If my time comes up, I promise to send a reply from above (or below ... it is 50/50 :bsmilie:)

haha looks like i'm not the only one totally bo chup about the swine flu.
i think i won't worry about the physical impact it will have on singapore as it is still pretty faraway~ in mexico and US.
i do agree that i'm sort of worried about the economical impact -_- recession is real bad now and now we have all these funny things coming up. what's the world becoming of~

The END OF THE WORLD ..... ARMAGEDDON .....:sweat::sweat::sweat:

that's because we have our govt doing alot of dirty work for us. u shld check out the other countries :) it will. tourism and stuffs, and it will hit us REALLY bad if the cases in US continue increasing as it means disruption in work and as we all know, US's economy has a global impact.

true...true...
for those that deals in alot of trade with the us...it bound to have heavy repercussions...but for others with a more wide spread risk basket...not so much...

true...true...
for those that deals in alot of trade with the us...it bound to have heavy repercussions...but for others with a more wide spread risk basket...not so much...

i think singapore trades alot with US.
-_- heard my dad said swine flu had hit HK too. goodness :cry:

Hey,

Here, they are saying, "stock up on food. get yourself ready to stay indoors away from the public".....

What a load of TRASH

Guess who is behind all of this cra+p (stock up on food)

The big companies, that's who.

Put the scares into everyone and they will spend,spend,spend :thumbsd:

I absolutely HATE where things like this go.

Companies+ that prey on fear :thumbsd:

They don't care. Their stock prices go up.

When was the last time Woolworths/Coles/Myers or any others advertised any positive way to help eradicate such a problem as a flu :dunno:

i think singapore trades alot with US.
-_- heard my dad said swine flu had hit HK too. goodness :cry:

biggest trading partner...singapore will be more affected by the downturn than most other company...depending on how the gahmen hedge its resources...

stay clean, wear mask..should be alrite wa..

yup. maybe govt will give out money again. who knows. not a good thing though :(

giving handouts is the dumbest, most stupidest, moronic thing i can think of that the gahmen can do. i mean, what can sgd200 buy? the prudent will just save it anyway. the spendrift will blow it all away like he always did anyway, the rich don even see this as significant, and the poor are too desperate to spend it all at once...so i ask, where is the logic of giving ppl money to spend to stimulate the economy when ppl don use them hor?

if want to give ar...give lar enuf to buy a FF cam or enuf downpayment for a car or something lar...hahahah!

seriously, if really want to help ar...all the gahmen needs to do is decrease personal income taxes, reduce corporate taxes, increase base pay (yes, this will reduce the company's profit growth, but then again...a little profit is better than no profit when economy crashes rite?) and absolutely no layoffs...

do this...wonders will happen daily.

giving handouts is the dumbest, most stupidest, moronic thing i can think of that the gahmen can do. i mean, what can sgd200 buy? the prudent will just save it anyway. the spendrift will blow it all away like he always did anyway, the rich don even see this as significant, and the poor are too desperate to spend it all at once...so i ask, where is the logic of giving ppl money to spend to stimulate the economy when ppl don use them hor?

if want to give ar...give lar enuf to buy a FF cam or enuf downpayment for a car or something lar...hahahah!

seriously, if really want to help ar...all the gahmen needs to do is decrease personal income taxes, reduce corporate taxes, increase base pay (yes, this will reduce the company's profit growth, but then again...a little profit is better than no profit when economy crashes rite?) and absolutely no layoffs...

do this...wonders will happen daily.

i think a better idea will be removing GST or cutting down on income taxes. coz if the govt give the puny sum of $ to the people, they'll spend it almost instantly. (take my family for example) :bsmilie:

i think a better idea will be removing GST or cutting down on income taxes. coz if the govt give the puny sum of $ to the people, they'll spend it almost instantly. (take my family for example) :bsmilie:

yes!!! that is the best! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Go photoshoot outting, must wear masks liao?

They have done it here (given away money to all) .... Oh sorry for contributing to an OT

Anyway, I think it is a BIG mistake that we will have to pay for.

Why didn't the government simply use those billions to reduce the price of petrol :dunno:

The flow on would be massive.

Cheers (and sorry for the OT) :)

Go photoshoot outting, must wear masks liao?

catflu.jpg

Flew back to Melbourne last Thursday! Realised not only you got to pass metal detectors...but also thermal imaging and don't even dare to make a cough :confused:

Haizz, another few more weeks....flying again :sweat:

I got to be positive.... the price of pork is going to be cheaper and cheaper! Airfare too !! Soon, the streets will be less crowded...and everyone will be wearing masks. Interesting time ahead :lovegrin:

H1N1..

siao liao, next week gt in-camp leh...

Status
Not open for further replies.