How To take IR pic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fukeong

Nov 14, 2004
Is there anyway tat i can take IR pic wif a C-770 UZ ?

should be able to...
when pple say this cam good and dat cam not so good for IR, ussually they refer to how sensitive the camera is to IR. Ussually camera's have some kinda IR filter to reduce IR reaching the sensor.
To take IR u need an IR filter, not sure of the exact model name( think its the R??), btu this filter would cut out all light except for the IR range of light, ussually this would mean u need a pretty long shutter speed and hence need a tripod...
There are many ways to further postprocess ur IR pics to add colors etc....
you can check in the post processing forums on tips on IR postprocessing....

Unfortunately, the Canon 20Da cannot be used to take IR photos. It is specially designed for astrophotography. Its low-pass filter is only modified to be 2.5X more sensitive to light at the specific wavelength of 656nm, known as the Hydrogen Alpha line, or H(alpha) wavelength, compared to the standard EOS 20D digital SLR, and is not a IR pass filter like those required for IR photography.

fukeong said:

Yes, C770 can be shot for Ir pictures. Get R72 or P007 ( cokin ) to get the job done. But before that , go to WB to cahnge it to preset, place the filter in front of the lens, point to green vegetation under bright sun light and press OK to let the cam to measure the light. After you had done with it, your cam is ready for IR, but recommended to use tripod for the shoot cos the shutter will drop to more than 1 sec for the shoots ! Good luck.

IRman said:
Yes, C770 can be shot for Ir pictures. Get R72 or P007 ( cokin ) to get the job done. But before that , go to WB to cahnge it to preset, place the filter in front of the lens, point to green vegetation under bright sun light and press OK to let the cam to measure the light. After you had done with it, your cam is ready for IR, but recommended to use tripod for the shoot cos the shutter will drop to more than 1 sec for the shoots ! Good luck.

how much does it cost?

fukeong said:
how much does it cost?

For Cokin P007 which is in square and fixed size, about S$40.00 per piece whereas Hoya R72 will depends on filter sizes, a 77 mm will cost about S$200, a 52 mm will cost about S$40.00. I recommend using P 007 cos it gives some brown red colours into pictures while R72 gives near to b&W pictures.

IRman said:
For Cokin P007 which is in square and fixed size, about S$40.00 per piece whereas Hoya R72 will depends on filter sizes, a 77 mm will cost about S$200, a 52 mm will cost about S$40.00. I recommend using P 007 cos it gives some brown red colours into pictures while R72 gives near to b&W pictures.

If you intend to buy cokin filter then make sure you have the cokin filter holder first. Other wise you need to hold the filter snugged to the front element of the lens and shoot which is cumbersome.

can u show mi some pics using those 2 filters or any pic frm the IR section?

fukeong said:

I tried to attach the pictures but can't, so may be can you give me your e-mail address and i mail you my sample pic ?

How Do i edit the taken pics wif Adobe Photo shop Elements 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.