How to store filters when you bring them out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielG

May 10, 2002
austvilleinsg.com
I have a question. When you want to bring a few filters out on a photo-taking trip. How you you store them? I don't think it is wise to just throw them into the camera bag right? Do you store them using the plastic case that they came in (eg Hoya cases)? If not, are there special cases for storing them?

there is a kind of filter bag(kinda like wallet) where you can put 3 filters or more.

Originally posted by ninelives

not sure man. where do you stay? perhaps you can check out with local photo equipment store.

hmm... maybe I'll check out AP, CP or MS when I'm free... thanks anyway!

I use a floppy disk holder the wallet kind...:)
Cheap and good...

I once enquired about these filter wallets at Cathay and was told they don't have it at that time. I asked if they would scratch the filters and the auntie said she's not sure, no feedback so far. So for know, I use the cases that comes with the filters. I usually bring around 3 filters each time, so 2 cases isn't too much for me.

I'm using a leather(?) B+W filter wallet that I got for ard $14(couldn't remember the exact price) at CP. It fits 6 filters and looks like a long lady wallet. looks better than the "CD" cases.

I prefer to use filter wallets, the good wallets (about 30 bucks each in Perth) hold 6 x 77mm filters. I also use stack caps which are metal caps that screw in to each end of a filter stack thus saving weight and space. Stack caps are hard to find outside of the USA though for some strange reason.

Hiee...

I'm currently using this blue 6 filter pack wallet which i can conveniently hang on the camera strap or on my belt. Its about 10-15 USD dollars each. May be able to get some from States......

.....will let you guys know if i'm going there.....

wait out....

regards,
Me

NOTE: We can also come up with a design and get the beach road auntie to make customised some of the cases......

+++++

For Stack caps, yes, its easy to find in States. OR you can glue the lens cap to one old filter and then use it as filter end cap.

i'm interested, sulhan. i using the B+W one now but it doesn't hold large filters very well (72mm and above), so i'm open to new ideas....

lemme know if you're getting from the States or beach road... :D
thanks!

looks similar to the B+W one, except the pockets should be bigger if it takes 82mm filters...no way the B+W one will contain 82mm.

Originally posted by firefox13
looks similar to the B+W one, except the pockets should be bigger if it takes 82mm filters...no way the B+W one will contain 82mm.

same goes for the lowepro. 77mm already stretches the seams slightly.

other gripes with the lowepro is then when you fill it up fully, it's difficult to fold (no I don't use 3mm filters!!!). perhaps they should have made the fold area wider.

Has anyone tried buying anything from this Mr Accessory? How are their dealings like? What do they ship by and how are their shipping charges?

I found out that shipping USPS is much much cheaper but many retailers don't offer that alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.