How to standardise the white balance for my photos using gimp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chameleon20

Jul 31, 2008
Hi, still a noob in photography & photo editing...have the above qns which I have been trying to find out for some time...

Is there a code to input in the gimp software if I want to standardise the white balance for all the photos under the same batch?
Hope someone can enlighten me...

Thanks in advance

If you're firing in RAW, it's a plugin (UFRAW) not GIMP that processes it first. The original WB is set by that plugin then it's sent into GIMP.

So if you're wondering how to automate WB from RAW look under UFRAW discussions. I personally use my Digital Photo Professional (bundled with my Canon) for WB/color adjustments and that can be "preset" before exporting into JPEG for use in GIMP.

Cheers.

shoot without auto white balance

Sorry, still not sure how to configure the D40 to shoot without auto white balance...
Can't seem to locate the settings as I can only select White Balance, Cloudy, Tungsten etc under White Balance field.
Thanks to advise.

If you're firing in RAW, it's a plugin (UFRAW) not GIMP that processes it first. The original WB is set by that plugin then it's sent into GIMP.

So if you're wondering how to automate WB from RAW look under UFRAW discussions. I personally use my Digital Photo Professional (bundled with my Canon) for WB/color adjustments and that can be "preset" before exporting into JPEG for use in GIMP.

Cheers.

Thanks for your reply. Haha, never shoot in RAW b4 as I haven't reach that stage yet. I was just wondering if GIMP can allow me to choose 1 type of white balance for that particular batch & updated all the photos together...

Sorry, still not sure how to configure the D40 to shoot without auto white balance...
Can't seem to locate the settings as I can only select White Balance, Cloudy, Tungsten etc under White Balance field.
Thanks to advise.
select any setting preset, daylight, cloudy, shade, tungsten or whatever, these ALL are not auto white balance.

Thanks for your reply. Haha, never shoot in RAW b4 as I haven't reach that stage yet. I was just wondering if GIMP can allow me to choose 1 type of white balance for that particular batch & updated all the photos together...
you can only alter the white balance on RAW file.

jpg....... no, you can't alter the white balance

Status
Not open for further replies.