how to safely remove CF card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
someone mentioned this. and i experienced this be4

when u click the 'remove peripherals', this is for removing those portable plug and play hardware, thus when u do this, the PC will disconnect the communication with your card reader ! :p

an easy way is .... when u wish 2 plug out your CF card from the card reader.
close all windows or applications that will read data from your card reader, and wait for the light on the card reader to go off.
den just remove the CF card from the card reader. and insert your next CF card.

This should be how it works :p

same as when we used to use the old 3.5" & 12.5" floppy disk (same logic :p)
should be la

close all applications?i tried that.but my bloody cf reader still shows red led after sometime.

i think i'll need a card reader that can read 5 cf cards at one go.
any such thing in the market?

as long as the PC is not accessing the reader .. i don't think much harm will be done unless you have just completed copy files from/to the card .. wait for a while more before you remove as the WExplorer status may shows complete, but the system could still be copying the last few bits of files in the background ..

is that the 'power LED'? for some reader, the LED might light up, but blink when accessing .. else try using another reader ..

nope.it's not the power led cos when it's reading it turns red.when no card inserted, it's green.

close all applications?i tried that.but my bloody cf reader still shows red led after sometime.

i think i'll need a card reader that can read 5 cf cards at one go.
any such thing in the market?

hmmm wonder if u can do raid with CF cards hehe, ppl do that wif hard drivez :p

as the previous guy mentioned, might be pc might be still reading data from your CF card.
hmmmm

when stop blinking should be safe enough hmmm

buy a few card readers loh :p

i always plug out my digimate 3 or straight away power off it... been working fine so far... ;)
have been using it as my card reader as well

thanks a million.

ya.i started a thread in consumer corner sometime back and csers told me it's normal.ask me go make kopi then come back.:bsmilie:

but i seriously have no patience sitting there wait 4 mins per card to dl my pics.

Bro, this is how my card reader/writer looks like. The type that can plug different CF cards in and out w/o having to disconnect ur reader.

IMG_7060.jpg

:bsmilie: No brand leh.... I bought at $25 ... IT show selling at $15 :confused:

bro .. it's a sis ;p

Bro, this is how my card reader/writer looks like. The type that can plug different CF cards in and out w/o having to disconnect ur reader.

:bsmilie: No brand leh.... I bought at $25 ... IT show selling at $15 :confused:

nope.it's not the power led cos when it's reading it turns red.when no card inserted, it's green.
den what is when card inserted but not reading? :dunno:

static,

thanks!i will check it out!;)

I'm using the kingston 15 in 1 USB card reader, no issues so far. It does seem to have an issue reading lexar cards though.

Mine blinks when its in use and is constant when not. Pulling it out is so much faster and it hasnt done any harm to my cards. But if you want to right click evrything, then plug it all back in over and over again, then sure.

HUH?you cant!in this way, you are not removing the CF card properly as it is still being access by the card reader!

correct me if i am wrong
Actually you can, afaik Win XP defaults all removable devices to "Safe Removal Mode" - a slower but safer way (since it is not cached unlike "Performance Mode"). Still, you are right to say that as long as the access/activity light is on, it is probably not safe to remove the device. Try another reader if yours take too long to return to non active mode, they are so cheap these days (might as get a SDHC supported multireader model while you are at it).

btw, you can change the access mode under the Device Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.