How to remove this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helbreath

Jul 24, 2003
Visit site
112UL101.jpg

112UL100.jpg

How to remove the bright red line at the edge? Will any printer setting help me? Can photoshop remove it?

Thanks

That's chromatic aberration. A quick way would be to use the Hue/sat controls in PS and try to desaturate either the red or magenta channel.

There are better techniques which are more elaborate.

but will it affect the whole image by desaturating? or can u just selct part of it and desaturate?
Thanks for you help

Helbreath said:
but will it affect the whole image by desaturating? or can u just selct part of it and desaturate?
Thanks for you help

you can use the Hue&Saturation Adjustment Layer at your Layers Palette and after you apply the H&S adjustments, then click on the adjustment mask and use a brush to paint the area you want the changes to apply.

Helbreath said:
Thanks for you help

Zoom in to 200% view.
Set magic wand to about tolerance 30 or so.
Select the red outline using Shift Click to add small segments.

Use Hue/Sat and desaturate the selected area.

An easy way is to go to the Red channel, select the area using magic wand. feather the selection. Guassian blur the channel.

In this case, you will not do major disruption to the area nor the rest of your photo.

Hi Helbredth.....

One possible option woul dbe to use the "Color Range" function.

Since the chromatic aberation in red is made up of a few mix of colours which are sort of distinctive, in some cases you may use the following method....may and may not be liked by some but its another tool to learn.....

1- Open the image to be edited
2- Go to Select->Color Range.....
3- Use the eye drop icon to hover in the area or colur that is at the edge.....
4- You can adjust the FUZZINESS of the selection to select different size or should i say "broadness" of your selection.
5- Once selected.....you can go to the Image->Adjustment->Hue/Saturation
6- Adjust the selected region to fit the background....
7- Repeat Step 3 to 7 as needed depending on the colour spectrum in that aberation....
8- Here is result i got in a quick edit...its abit patchy i think due to the resolution if the files....

tweak.jpg

THis method could be used with all the other methods mentioned above by the other CS members to achieve your needs......

regards,
me

Status
Not open for further replies.