How to promote my photos and website

Status
Not open for further replies.

murgab

Jan 14, 2006
I have a website with many of my photos from all over asia, and I would like to promote the site so that more and more people can see my work, but i am not sure about the best way to do this.
I have submitted the URL to various people but that hasnt seemed to have worked so far.
Do you have any ideas

www.chrisvaines.com/photos.htm

Wow you have a very extensive gallery, can see that you've been to many places. Nice. :thumbsup:

Don't like your design of website though, maybe you can switch it to flash? Use a program like imageveux, maybe you can get higher webcount that way. Then again, if you're good you don't need all the publicity and stuff, you work should speak for themselves.

Bro the only way to reach out to the masses is advertising. One cheap way to advertise is bus-back advertising. I'm sure you have seen the advertising panels at the back of buses. Placed on the correct buses with the appropriate routes, you can reach the right audience.
If you have lots of images, other than letting the world see your images, why not make them earn some cash for you too.
If I were you, I'd place one on a bus plying the Shenton Way areas, as many business professionals travel these roads, and these include many from advertising agencies. These people use images regularly so you may just get some free money on the side.
Then there is also the Orchard Road buses. Here you reach the masses, both locals and tourists from all over the world.
So one buses along Shenton Way and one along Orchard Road and soon you'll be famous. Ha ha ha!!!
Last time I checked it costs $180 per panel per month, excluding ad panel production.

I am thinking of entering some of them in to online competitions. nothing to lose, but i dont know of any good ones. I have found a few but does anyone know of any that are happening at the moment?

Submit your site to as many search engines as possible. Also you can try link exchanges with established/popular image sites.

Driving traffic to your site is a skill and need to pay to do that somehow if you really want high traffic. Yahoo offer plans in yahoo store and your site will be in the search engine.

explore all means of online promotion. even your question here has been a form of promotion! I wouldn't have known your site otherwise.

You have a blog. You could have the blog ping more blog search engines etc. for non-blog content as mentioned keywording will be quite important. exchanging links is a good idea and may help bump up search engine rankings.

Actually I also wanted to suggest photo.net . It seems to be such a high-traffic site such that even my few photos get tens of thousands of views each easily. The really popular pictures get hundreds of thousands of views. The key I think is that the photo has to be submitted for critique. It pushes out the photo to a "for critique" gallery. You could post a few choice pics there and put a link to your website, and see if it helps drive any traffic to your website.

how bout google? hahaha :)

post around at different photo forums jus like one you post here....

Status
Not open for further replies.