how to produce photos tt are rich in color

Status
Not open for further replies.

laughingstation

Jan 23, 2004
hi i'm a newbie. have seen many pics on this forum, which has fantastic quality in terms of color. They are all very contrasty n saturated. but whenever i use my camera to take, the colors look very plain. Is there any tricks during taking the photo or post editting to produce photos rich in color?
Is it thru tt when taking pictures wif film a 0.5 stop over exposure will produce richer colors?
Den is it true also tt for digital cameras have to underexpose it den edit in PS to make the color richer rather den getting a well exposed foto?

pls help :D

I "think" (im also a newbie.. hehe.. so dont flame me if im wrong): The saturation of colours depend a lot on the quality of LENSES you're using, and correct exposure, i guess. (Hope im right :sweat: )

But well... for me, as im digitally trained, PhotoShop is a superb tool to correct the photo colours, and make them nicely saturated.

If you need some guidelines on using Photoshop to edit your photos, you can PM me anytime. But if you are looking for a method to make the photos TRADITIONALLY Saturated without using PS, then look for some other photographers. I aint a pro at photography.

:sweatsm:

laughingstation said:
Den is it true also tt for digital cameras have to underexpose it den edit in PS to make the color richer rather den getting a well exposed foto?

Yes, in a way, it is true.
Its easier to correct an UnderExposed photo in Photoshop, compared to an OverExposed one.

But dont try to intentionally UnderExpose your picture if there's no necessity. To me: It is always the best to play with the correctly exposed photographs in PS.

laughingstation said:
hi i'm a newbie. have seen many pics on this forum, which has fantastic quality in terms of color. They are all very contrasty n saturated. but whenever i use my camera to take, the colors look very plain. Is there any tricks during taking the photo or post editting to produce photos rich in color?
Is it thru tt when taking pictures wif film a 0.5 stop over exposure will produce richer colors?

pls help :D

expose the pic correctly with ur digicam...then "underexpose" the image using ps. increase contrast and saturation to ur taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.