how to make my own portfoilo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
hi,

just out of curiosity - how do i go abt assembling my own portfolio of shots? i wuz thinking of doing it once i got enuf decent photos. need to find out where can i develop the photos, to wat size, how to mount it and wat to mount it on. would appreciate some pointers from you, if have already done it!

thanks!!!! :D

There are many ways, maybe perhaps I can share some I've seen and done for myself.

- A4 prints of montages of the shots taken
- Small book binds of the prints with some captions/inspiration words on the sides/top/bottom
- Slot in album
- Bookbinders + photocorners for easy carrying & changing of shots for view
- 8R prints + mount on cardboards

I find that self designed montages + binding would do good and you can easily replace or add new pages when you need to. Or alternatively you can consider the albums GloryWorkz has to provide :)

:)

Honestly I wouldn't mount it if I intend to use it for my portfolio. Just print it in S8R and buy those slot-in clearholder folders to put them in. :)

CaeSiuM said:
Just print it in S8R and buy those slot-in clearholder folders to put them in. :)
Those clearholder plastic tend to be not clear. I won't recommend that.
Anyway, my recommendation is to print the photos in S*R in glossy and then use double-sided tapes or photo corners to paste the photos onto sheets of black thick papers. Then bind the sheets together.

Rgds

sorry hor... but wat is S8R? any diff from normal 8R?

oh yes, won't glossy print "stick" to the plastic after some time?

eric69 said:
Those clearholder plastic tend to be not clear. I won't recommend that.
Anyway, my recommendation is to print the photos in S*R in glossy and then use double-sided tapes or photo corners to paste the photos onto sheets of black thick papers. Then bind the sheets together.

Rgds

Your idea is better. Agree with you that the clearholder plastic are usually not clear. Photos tend to look dull when viewed through them.

CaeSiuM said:
S8R is 8" by 12" compared to 8R which is 8" by 10".

hi, guys!

hey, thanks for the advice! at least now i clearer abt the sizes and stuff. one other thing. will those photo shops know wat i mean if i tell them S8R?

eric69, would u recommend i lay a layer of clear plastic to protect the photos after i mount them on the board? anyone else got other ways to protect the photos can also share ur method with me! :)

nightwolf75 said:
hi, guys!

hey, thanks for the advice! at least now i clearer abt the sizes and stuff. one other thing. will those photo shops know wat i mean if i tell them S8R?

There are still 3R, 4R, 5R, etc. ;)

Just tell them "Super Eight R", the labs will know. :)

nightwolf75 said:
eric69, would u recommend i lay a layer of clear plastic to protect the photos after i mount them on the board? anyone else got other ways to protect the photos can also share ur method with me! :)
Glad to share. Glossy print, don't put clear plastic over it, becos the glossy will stick to the plastic sheet over time. To protect the photos, I recommend cold lamination. :)
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=47545&highlight=cold+lamination

Status
Not open for further replies.