How to install the UV filter?

lexleen

Mar 2, 2010
Hi Bros,

I been reading through the forum. It seems like UV filter is a worth investment, so i decided to ask my bro to help me to buy. But now i do have a problem, How do i install the filter? Mine is 450D with kit lens 18-55. I had bought the filter is 58mm. Could any one can slove my problem?

Thanks in advance....:sweat:

hi lexleen,

first you need a power drill

and like 4 screws...

then you need to drill a hole into the lens, make sure it is at quarters so that it looks nicer.. and then hammer the uv filter into the lens.......

jokes aside........

you just screw it on, there are threads on the front of the lens for you to screw it on!

Screw it in the front of the lens.

Make sure it's secure, but do not over-tighten with gorrilla strength.

Have fun!

But remember to put on the cap first before screwing.

On wait... for lens is the opposite. Take out the cap before screwing.

Hi Bros,

I been reading through the forum. It seems like UV filter is a worth investment, so i decided to ask my bro to help me to buy. But now i do have a problem, How do i install the filter? Mine is 450D with kit lens 18-55. I had bought the filter is 58mm. Could any one can slove my problem?

Thanks in advance....:sweat:

Erm. The filter has a screw thread. The front of your lens has a screw thread. Therefore... :think:

STEP BY STEP!
1. Take off lens cap by carefully pinching the side of the cap and pulling it out. Make sure the direction of the force you exert is directly perpendicular to the front of your lens.
2. Take out your uv filter
3. Position the filter infront of your lens. Using a ruler, make sure the distance from the lens to the corners of the filter is exactly the same. This will make sure your filter is exactly parallel to the front of your lens.
4. Slowly reduce the distance from the front of your lens to the filter till they touches
5. Provided you got the correct sized filter, gently twist the filter in the clockwise direction. Alternatively you can twist the lens/camera body in the anti-clockwise direction
6. Step back and enjoy your lens-filter combination:thumbsup:

google it? =.= and it shld fit. i checked already. 18-55 is a 58mm

just align the screw thread from both lens and filter and slowly screw it in, till it's tight.
once it's done, check through to make sure it's fitted properly (eg. not slanted or loose)

This question takes the cake.... :bigeyes:

Maybe a video will help if you are the VISUAL type of person but only first 2-3 minutes apply to you:bsmilie:

This ones a no brainer here even though it is fitted on a Vcam

and this one at the 51sec mark

Last edited:
hi lexleen,

and like 4 screws...

then you need to drill a hole into the lens, make sure it is at quarters so that it looks nicer.. and then hammer the uv filter into the lens.......

:bsmilie:

Just screw it in!

Detach the lens, screw the filter onto the body's lens mount and put the lens back on.

u need video demo????;)

.... no one has asked "what make and model" of the filter yet?

If it turns out to not be a good filter to use ...... then we'll need instructions on how to uninstall the filter ......

hi lexleen,

and like 4 screws...

Love it, best if TS did it without reading the bottomb;)

wow..what a question to ask...

anyway jokes aside..dont take it to heart too much, cheers and welcome to this forum , hope you enjoy your new 450D :)