how to improve macro shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
As many members said, practise more will definite improve your skill. If you like to take insect macro photography, I would recommend Singapore Botanic Gardens is a good place to start from. Visit the place more frequently, understand the lighting, insect behaviours and look out for open space greeny background. Usually insects are visible in the open and inactive in the morning due to the sun is not so hot.

Lastly, if you cannot get the shots to your expectation, post your shots here to get feedbacks.

As many members said, practise more will definite improve your skill. If you like to take insect macro photography, I would recommend Singapore Botanic Gardens is a good place to start from. Visit the place more frequently, understand the lighting, insect behaviours and look out for open space greeny background. Usually insects are visible in the open and inactive in the morning due to the sun is not so hot.

Lastly, if you cannot get the shots to your expectation, post your shots here to get feedbacks.

i did post but the comment is really bad on it... but really thax u... :)

Wow, this thread is getting very lively with contributions from "experts" around. Looks like it is a "must read" for macro photography. Nice thread to subscript to and follow.

i did post but the comment is really bad on it... but really thax u... :)
I read up your macro threads and the members feedback your shots have focusing issue. So did you go for re-shoot to improve on the issue ?

I read up your macro threads and the members feedback your shots have focusing issue. So did you go for re-shoot to improve on the issue ?

i have try to focus but still cannot get it... just now i went to john 3:16 ask for macro lens price, i also did ask abt close up filter.. but i was told try not to get close up filter n was advise to get tube or macro lens.. i understand that u guys have advised me on that...

so i just thinking should i get nikon 105mm (which is more friendly for my D40) or tamron 90mm... hopefully can get end of this year to get a macro lens n tube, also improve my skill... i'm aiming for the garden festive next year... :bsmilie:

i have try to focus but still cannot get it... just now i went to john 3:16 ask for macro lens price, i also did ask abt close up filter.. but i was told try not to get close up filter n was advise to get tube or macro lens.. i understand that u guys have advised me on that...

so i just thinking should i get nikon 105mm (which is more friendly for my D40) or tamron 90mm... hopefully can get end of this year to get a macro lens n tube, also improve my skill... i'm aiming for the garden festive next year... :bsmilie:

Practice makes perfect, some times you can't just pick up skills over night. It is not only on the focusing part, hand shakes also can cause it to go out of focus ya. 1/2 a day after people give you advise to practice on MF and you declare you can't get it right. Do you even try at all?

Practice makes perfect, some times you can't just pick up skills over night. It is not only on the focusing part, hand shakes also can cause it to go out of focus ya. 1/2 a day after people give you advise to practice on MF and you declare you can't get it right. Do you even try at all?

:embrass: i only free to shoot on sat.. but i really having problem using my nikon AF-S 55-200mm f/4-5.6G DX VR IF-ED...

i'm really feel bad that u guys keep repeating the same thing over n over again to me... i will try harder on it... :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.