How to have date printed on photo??

Status
Not open for further replies.

andypeh

May 13, 2006
Is it possible to have date printed on the photo.. There is no date when i view in PC.. Pls advice.. till to date i have not develope any photo yet.. Thanks

andypeh said:
Is it possible to have date printed on the photo.. There is no date when i view in PC.. Pls advice.. till to date i have not develope any photo yet.. Thanks

I own a canon A95 and it does nt show the date or time on the pic itself....but if u r printing at hm, u can set it to print the date on it.....or if u send to shops, u can request them to print the date also....

but these is based on my experience with my cam and the shops tat I go to....nt sure abt other brands though~! :)

Isaiahfortythirtyone said:
erm consider carefully la. i think the date spoils the photo :)

Yes, I agree. Printing a date on the photo really distracts from the whole picture. Once took some nice B&W shots of Paris which I'm quite proud of, but forgot to switch off the date function on my film camera... leaving me with an ugly white blot in the lower right hand corner of all my prints...

Is there any specific reason why you die die must have a date there?

looking back at my old family shots,
it is nice to know when it was taken
it helps to bring back the memories

but for creative shots, no date is better
you can still check the exif data for the dat
just make sure that the date is correct on your camera

Check the camera functions... some models have the option of incorporating date like film cameras. Of course its too late to insert the date via this method once the shot is taken.

Your options now: insert it via PS or ask the photolab if they can do something.

If I were you, I'd use PS. You can either use actions or make a kind of "date stamp" via custom brush shapes IIRC. I use the latter technique to insert copyright notices.

if you have PhotoShop, can have a script to extract the date info from the exif and embed into the image to what everway you want it.
I don't know how to write the script, you can google the script from the internet, or post a thread in Digital Darkroom.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.