Status
Not open for further replies.

wind30

Deregistered
Mar 14, 2004
Hi guys,

saw some stunning shots from lower pierce reservour. example
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=197962&highlight=pierce

does anyone know where is this location and how to get there?

I can find upper pierce but cannot see lower pierce leh.

I know how to get to old upper thomson road near the famous causurina roti prata shop :)

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia...erid=1&searchbuildingid=17618&level=4?413,177

wind30 said:

u are there already, theres a sign board :)

once u turn out from upp thom into casuarina prata that area, you should be able to see signs, go left to the lower pierce and go right to upper. err ... or is it the other way round? :p

where is the pavilion? I follow the old upper thomson road NORTH/WEST?

PS: ok thanks for the replies. So it is somewhere there. Will go there as I live so close... did not realise there is such a nice location. EVerytime just go there for prata :)

if u r driving frm upp thomson towards e prata place, watch out 4 some petrol kiosks on yr left after the amk ave 1 junction. make a left turn into a slip road between 2 kiosks. make another left at end of tis short slip road. u'll see a c/park ahead.
park yr car there n follow signs which will lead u 2 e reservoir...

enjoy!

cheers

wind30 said:
where is the pavilion? I follow the old upper thomson road NORTH/WEST?
it's here

just park at the car park there and walk towards the reservoir and you'll see it.

thanks guys, now I know exactly where to go :) hopefully the weather will be nice.

Just a little bit tip, the park gates will closed at 7pm. I was ushered by park ranger once if not have I have to stay overnight there. I don't know the current situation, whether this still apply.

Just a little bit tip, the park gates will closed at 7pm. I was ushered by park ranger once if not have I have to stay overnight there. I don't know the current situation, whether this still apply.

u r refering to Upper Pierce leh

niki said:
u r refering to Upper Pierce leh

I believe the one with Gazebo is Lower Pierce, see the inital poster link. May be my memory failed me. Or I remember the name incorrectly.

the park ranger should be refering to upper pierce. I drove up to upper pierce to see if there are anything interesting to shoot but I did not even get to the end of the road... LONG winding road with MANY monkeys.... wonder what the view is like at the end of the road to upper pierce.

The lower pierce should be open until quite late.

This breathtaking scenery is what awaits you.

163484184_138b6e5138.jpg

And if you walk further, this is what you see.
139459747_9fd7160490.jpg

Oldman like me cannot walk further that this.

The gate closes at 7pm. If you can walk a few km, I think you still can walk in after 7pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.