How to embed Author's name in Exif Data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowism

Aug 10, 2005
Singapore
Hi all. Would like to ask how do I add the Author name in the Exif Data without the use of a computer o. I'm using a Nikon d80 btw. TIA!

Key in the comment

Yup. Add it in comments for the pictures in the camera menu.

To input text:

Press "Menu" button --> Select "Setup Menu" --> Select "Image Comment" --> Select "Input comment".

Use the directional pad to select a character.

Use (+) magnifying glass button (bottom left button) to insert selected character at current cursor position.

Hold down (-) magnifying glass + directional pad, to move the cursor in the entry field.

Press delete (trashcan) to delete character under cursor.

(Above info can be found by pressing (?) button when in the "Input Comment" screen)

IMPORTANT: Decide on what you want to input first. Up to 36 characters. If you pause for too long, the screen will time-out (go blank) and you will lose your input! (happened to me a few times... :dunno: ) Either that, or press (OK) button before the screen blanks out. Your input will only be 'remembered' if you press (OK) button!

To attach comments to all photos:

Press "Menu" button --> Select "Setup Menu" --> Select "Image Comment"

See if the tickbox beside "Attach Comment" is ticked. If so, select "Done" on the menu and press the (OK) button.

If not ticked, select "Attach Comment" and press the (OK) button. A tick should appear. Then select "Done" on the menu and press the (OK) button.

MeLee sibei gu lak
3 cheers for u
but once done can it be undone for the same picture ?

MeLee sibei gu lak
3 cheers for u
but once done can it be undone for the same picture ?

Thanks. :angel:

AFAIK there's no way to edit the Exif data in-camera. But can use software on the PC to edit Exif; try Googling "edit exif". :)

Download Opanda software, standard free one and the Professional one. The Professional one is a trial version, but it still allows you to key in some stuff like a small note, aperture,speed, etc. This is useful for me when I want to embed exif data in images I scanned from film, for my reference.

To input text:

Press "Menu" button --> Select "Setup Menu" --> Select "Image Comment" --> Select "Input comment".

Use the directional pad to select a character.

Use (+) magnifying glass button (bottom left button) to insert selected character at current cursor position.

Hold down (-) magnifying glass + directional pad, to move the cursor in the entry field.

Press delete (trashcan) to delete character under cursor.

(Above info can be found by pressing (?) button when in the "Input Comment" screen)

IMPORTANT: Decide on what you want to input first. Up to 36 characters. If you pause for too long, the screen will time-out (go blank) and you will lose your input! (happened to me a few times... :dunno: ) Either that, or press (OK) button before the screen blanks out. Your input will only be 'remembered' if you press (OK) button!

To attach comments to all photos:

Press "Menu" button --> Select "Setup Menu" --> Select "Image Comment"

See if the tickbox beside "Attach Comment" is ticked. If so, select "Done" on the menu and press the (OK) button.

If not ticked, select "Attach Comment" and press the (OK) button. A tick should appear. Then select "Done" on the menu and press the (OK) button.

Thanks a million!:cheergal:

Also to the rest who assisted!

Status
Not open for further replies.