How to CHARGE.... (most ask questions)

thanks
SNIPED FOR NEATNESS
really need some advices. thanks.

Have you discuss you concerns with him politely yet? If you don't say, how will he know? If you discuss, he may raise your rates, or he may not due to his business limitation. At that point you decide to stay or gently walk away. You can choose friends, but not relatives. Keep things cordial for sake of family.

If you choose to walk, opportunities are all around but don't forget where you got your initial portfolio and training ground from. :)

thanks for sharing this. really need this.

for the past few months, i have been working under my cousin's business which he is a kind of a wedding planner. which i strongly think that he is making full use of me just because i am his close relative. i do engagement cum wedding for a full day from 8am-9pm, and he paid me $180. which is consist of all the unprocessed photos and 240 processed photos into a dvd disc.

recently i did a bridal photoshoot over in a hotel, i was only paid $100.
i didnt only use natural lighting, but used 3 external flashes for the lightings.
i was kind of disappointed but i dont have the guts to stand up as he is my own close cousin.

really need some advices. thanks.

Goosh... I am happy to pay you this kind of money... hahahaha.. but jokes aside. If you thinking about helping him, then by all means. But if you think you are under pay, just have a chat with him. Unfortunately, although it is close relative, you should be paid justly for your work.

NOTE: Using Natural Light doesn't equate to "Cheaper and Lower" cost... Sorry, just the way I read your sentence...

I am hiring someone that is good and most importantly, able to shoot great images with natural light, then PM me.

Regards,

Hart

Goosh... I am happy to pay you this kind of money... hahahaha.. but jokes aside. If you thinking about helping him, then by all means. But if you think you are under pay, just have a chat with him. Unfortunately, although it is close relative, you should be paid justly for your work.

NOTE: Using Natural Light doesn't equate to "Cheaper and Lower" cost... Sorry, just the way I read your sentence...

I am hiring someone that is good and most importantly, able to shoot great images with natural light, then PM me.

Regards,

Hart

oops. didnt mean that way ofcos. was just trying to say, i spent out lots of money on my gears yet im paid very for that job. i did have a chat with him. he was pissed off with me that i decided not to work with him. regretted the fact that i worked tgther with my close relatives. see what has become, we're not in really good terms. sigh.

oops. didnt mean that way ofcos. was just trying to say, i spent out lots of money on my gears yet im paid very for that job. i did have a chat with him. he was pissed off with me that i decided not to work with him. regretted the fact that i worked tgther with my close relatives. see what has become, we're not in really good terms. sigh.

Did you tell him that you want to raise your price before you decided not to work with him? Less than $200 for whole day shooting + several hours of editing after home is an insult for you. If you don't value up yourself, nobody will.

*sigh* that is why I prefer not to deal with relative when it comes to money. I also prefer not to "sell" my service to close friends. Too much thing to deal with.

I just want to enjoy my photography.

Regards,

Hart

haqeel said:

Just tell cousin that u could be working with another friend and friend will be paying more. Just see what he say from there.....

Just tell cousin that u could be working with another friend and friend will be paying more. Just see what he say from there.....

Fantastic idea, do get back to us what your cousin says. If he says yes, get him to write on paper the agreement, if he asks y, just say putting everything on paper is professional and will be good for both of you.