How to charge for product shoot of item size such as liqud handwash

ahsamhui

Apr 12, 2006
Hi fellow photographers,

I've been asked to quote for product shoot. Item size similar to liqud handwash such as Kirei Kirei (250ml), Listerine (250ml). There are also perfume bottle.

Asked to quote with;

1. Plain white background
2. With some decor. Example Listerine with some towels, flower, toothbrush ect

Will really appreciate advice. Thank you and have a nice week ahead!

warmly,
Ahsam

What, Where, when, how.

What is the quantity?
Where you be doing the shoot?
When you need to finish?
How you going to set-up?

Hi fellow photographers,

I've been asked to quote for product shoot. Item size similar to liqud handwash such as Kirei Kirei (250ml), Listerine (250ml). There are also perfume bottle.

Asked to quote with;

warmly,
Ahsam

Before you do anything, I strongly suggest you have a look at works which the client had commissioned before previously and gauge if you can deliver the same(or better). If you don't know what the client expects, its better to leave the job.

Hi fellow photographers,

Asked to quote with;

warmly,
Ahsam

Its very difficult to quote without knowing what the clients actually want in terms of deliverables.

Have a chat with them, find out their existing work if any and what is the price they use to pay, that way, you can gauge whether, 1) you can handle the job and producing the quality, 2) ok with the price that they used to pay.

If the return answer is really a bit funny, never done before, and don't have much budget and you know how to shoot it... just walk away from this or recommend someone who knows how to do it properly.

Hart

Thank u for ur advice. It really is very useful for me. I will try to pay a visit to the company to get a better idea.

Have a blessed week.