How to bath a cat ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azure said:
If you'd adopted a stray, they are generally cleaner creatures then bred ones, used to cleaning themselves very thoroughly after meals and at least once a day.

hi does tat means tat IF i regularly (may once a wk) bath my cat, she will NOT clean herself anymore?

And yes, my (stray) cat is quite clean , no smell or anything, i just wanan make sure she's clean, tat's all.

eh ... Barine, sorry for my stupid qns .... :D

hoppinghippo said:
out of curiosity, when you grab them and bathe them like that, won't they scratch you?

sometimes out of nothing, my cat will smell my foot and bite it .... sometimes will rush towards me and bite my leg also .... but the bites doesnt leave any marks or pain though ... so i leave it to her to bite lor ...

Azure said:
Muahhahaahahahaaha! You'll get a very flat and nicely crinkle/wrinkle-free cat rug then.
Chi Yen --> :kok: <-- Azure

hoppinghippo said:
out of curiosity, when you grab them and bathe them like that, won't they scratch you?

Exactly, which is why you only wash the coat lah, not the whole cat. Skin it first, then into the washing machine with that smelly pelt!

But really, dunno why, my girl-friend's cat always bites me right in the middle of when i'm sayang-ing it... she keeps saying it's a "friendly" bite, but that $%&@! creature draws blood lah! Somemore worried whether i'll get some kind of zoonose... ;(

hoppinghippo said:
The good cats usually become timid during bathing time, more scared than anything :D. The owner is like a parent to them, so they won't scratch. There are exceptions, e.g. where the cat has innate fierce characteristics (e.g. inherited from territorial/fierce parent) which cannot be 100% tamed, no matter how much love you shower on them.

tingchiyen said:
But really, dunno why, my girl-friend's cat always bites me right in the middle of when i'm sayang-ing it... she keeps saying it's a "friendly" bite, but that $%&@! creature draws blood lah! ;(
The cat probably had too much sayang-ing than it can take - read the signal - a fast swishing tail from side to side = unhappy cat, so better back off. Otherwise, its next reaction may be to turn around and sink its jaws into you hand, which happened to me...well, we learn that cats are not like dogs at all. :)

CATS do not need a bath, as they clean themselves.

Please do not give them unnecessary stress in bathing them.

tingchiyen said:
But really, dunno why, my girl-friend's cat always bites me right in the middle of when i'm sayang-ing it... she keeps saying it's a "friendly" bite, but that $%&@! creature draws blood lah! Somemore worried whether i'll get some kind of zoonose... ;(
Haha... :bsmilie:
I get a lot of "love-nibbles" from the strays I encounter. Usually they'd grab hold of my hand and nibble and chew, leaving light teeth indentations on my hand. Seldom got claw scratches and only twice in 2 years did I get a bloody one, from a cat that's not familiar with me.

Ray, your "bites" are affectionate ones. :bsmilie:
I really should get you to be on the receiving end of Rakanishii's (here bites... he'll grab, bite hard, get tickled and jump off into the air and run off in (self-induced) fright. :bsmilie:

ghibli said:
The good cats usually become timid during bathing time, more scared than anything :D. The owner is like a parent to them, so they won't scratch. There are exceptions, e.g. where the cat has innate fierce characteristics (e.g. inherited from territorial/fierce parent) which cannot be 100% tamed, no matter how much love you shower on them.

I concur. Had a Persian cat and used to bath her once a month. What I did was to bring her to the bathroom and locked it up. There was no way she could escape and I had all the time to spray water and apply shampoo on her. All this while she was scratching at the door and trying to find a way to escape from the ordeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.