How remove reflection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

Jun 1, 2003
Seng Kang Town
Visit site
Does anybody know how to remove these reflection thingy shown on below picture in the red box?

glasskitchen.jpg

All these cabinet and drawer are all made of coloured glass. Is it possible to use PS to remove those unwanted ugly reflections?

or is there any technique that can be apply to minimize the reflections?

Thanks in advance.

Polarizor.

But the camera was directly infront the reflective part, does the polarizer is capable of removing it?

Thanks

The polariser should be able to reduce the reflection, if not totally removed it.

Alternatively, dun use flash, use longer exposure?

Matrix said:
But the camera was directly infront the reflective part, does the polarizer is capable of removing it?

Thanks

From the angle of the picture, a polarizer will be able to reduce the reflection indicated in the rectangle on the left. It can also reduce the reflection on the desktop, but with a single polarizer you can only target either one of them.

Polarizer will not help with the reflection on the far end of the room.

Circular or linear polarizer has the same effect. Neither would be helpful with reducing "head-on" reflections.

To remove the reflections using PS, I think the best way is to use cone stamp or healing brush to cover the areas with the reflection with patches copied from areas without the reflection. This is tricky as it is very difficult to make the color graduations look natural.

Don't think polarizer will work in this case. The reflections are coming from different angles. The polarizer can only work on one reflection at a time. Unless you stack polarizers. Anyway, Matrix, if you have a polarizer, just try; if not don't buy - just PS.

Eliminate all secondary light sources. I can see that some of the reflections are actually light coming in from open doors and windows.

By using a polarizor and ensuring that only the room lights are on, you should be able to remove most of the reflections leaving only minor PS touchup if needed.

...hi, hope you dun mind... this is where your 'eye' comes to play...

I know that this position will have reflection caused...
Polarizer will help to lose some.. not all reflection..

Keep moving around until you find a sweet spot...and use the polarizer.

...by shooting 1st and think that you will ease it in PS??? Yo bro, get your fundamentals 1st... :nono:

...dun take it hard... juz a point.

I thinks I still had to get to Cri polarizar, haizzz 77mm cir polarizar is so exp.

I guess I had to u PS to try removing those head on reflection. Will try.

Lastly, many thanks for all those good advices from u all. :thumbsup:

:think: How about taking this picture during night would be better?

What do u all think? Can work or not?

Night will help. But depending on how badly you want a perfect shot and the location of this place, draping a large piece of black cloth with a hole cut in the middle for your lens to poke though will provide the best solution for reflection in the middle red box. This will also help eliminate any other stray reflections from behind you. As for the box on the left, which is the reflection of objects from the set itself, you can either choose to use a polarizer or dulling spray on the surface of the affected area. Finally, moving the camera angle a little usually helps too.

if you want to use PS, also can...i did a rough touch-up.

refrection.jpg

few things you can do:
1) cut and paste - especially cabinets since they are similar. but you'd have to take care of the lighting and how it gives different shade
2) make use of cloning tool and healing brush

so...play around with the tools lor :)

Draw the curtains and use a remote together witha tripod might help.

Cheers,

No curtains to draw leh.

Anyways, Thanks for those idea.

I guess I know what should i do already. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.