How oftern do you check for overexposure when shooting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT 3833

Sep 23, 2006
Hi,
one of the thing I check on almost every shot when I shoot is overexposure and I used highlight function on LCD of my Nikon D80 extensively.

I used manual mode 60% of the time and I inetntional underspose when situation required, I use A mode about 40% of the time and use EV in A mode to avoid over exposure but still need to check from shot to shot.

Just like to hear from those experience shooters out there, any more assured wy to avoid over exposure? and how do you check for over exposure? Do you all check almost every shot?

Last edited:
I only check by looking at the LCD screen. Although I remind myself to use the histogram, I always forget to use it. I think histogram is the best way to determine correct exposure.

When shooting in A mode, I rarely check.

Only when I am shooting in manual and spot metering, then I'd need to check for the BG or any bright spots.

Do note that the LCD for Nikon may not show you the true picture, I set it to -2 to show more accurately for D200, not sure about the others though.

I check the exposure every tiem I enter a new light zone or periodically every 1-2 minutes.

I use the highlight alert on my camera. As long as my subject is properly exposed, i'm fine.

i check the histogram of the first shot in a series, or when the scene has tricky lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.