How much to charge for this project?

chilliz

Nov 26, 2012
Jurong
Hi, any idea how much can i charge for taking photos of mattresses-single, queen, king size? need professional advice. thanks

Please list the full details... unless the client didn't provide any and you didn't think to ask.

$100, $1000, $10,000, $100,000. Choose lor.

Honestly, I don't know the following:
- scope of the project
- timeline
- ultimate output and deliverables
- any business strategic considerations
- your capabilities

If you desire some guidance from us, you would need to provide more information.

If you cannot provide the information for any reason, then trust your guts lor.

Thanks for all replies but i don haf the full details so i just post n ask about the rate.

Thanks for all replies but i don haf the full details so i just post n ask about the rate.

are you serious?
don't have any details how are you, or anyone able to provide the quote?

if you want to be a PROFESSIONAL, you have ask all the details about this job/assignment before you can tell them the figure,

if your client is asking "song song", just tell them your day rate and end of story.

chilliz said:

Then you guess is as good as mine.

Quote your usual rate lor...

Please list the full details... unless the client didn't provide any and you didn't think to ask.
How long is a piece of string?

Price could be anything from a few hundred to tens of thousands depending on what exactly the client wants, do they want a simple catalog type shot or a series showing the internal construction and then the mattress? Do they want advanced lighting techniques that will require a large commercial studio lighting grid and large format scanning back.

The possibilities are endless and so are the prices.

Now for the most important 3 rules of professional photography.
1) Know exactly what the client wants
2) Work out exactly how do deliver what the client wants
3) Cost exactly what it will cost to deliver what the client wants.

Sadly you cannot answer any of the above questions so working out a price is a bit like pi$$ing windward in a typhoon.