How much money you have saved?

How much should a early to mid-thirties have in his/her bank?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then your question doesn't make much sense... the debt is the killer...

Cash....cash...cash....only cash.....!!!!!
Liabilities I dun care.......u can have S$20K and loan of S$500K i also dun care.....just wan to know cash on hand.:bigeyes:

all i know is that my cash always must enough for me to buy a roll of film at least.

You ask for "should", then everybody will choose the highest amount possible what (as mentioned by pHoenix). How much they have actually, they won't tell you.
You should rephrase your question to something without absolute dollars like, "How many months of your salary should you have in cash savings by your mid-thirties ?"

How come no "negative" choice?:embrass:

A lot of us have homes with negative equity; meaning if we sell our homes now, we still owe the bank money!

All cash is in L lenses... :bigeyes:

Liabilities I dun care.......u can have S$20K and loan of S$500K i also dun care.....just wan to know cash on hand.:bigeyes:

Let's all lie in the poll since it does not make sense. "I dun care" too

me..me..me... 500K already................................ rupiah :confused:

how about dun have negativve option? there are people who have home loan debt, car loan debt, baby loan debt, further studies debt, girl-friend debt, gambling debt, drug debt, lens debt, investment losses, debt from failed business ventures.... :confused:

how about dun have negativve option? there are people who have home loan debt, car loan debt, baby loan debt, further studies debt, girl-friend debt, gambling debt, drug debt, lens debt, investment losses, debt from failed business ventures.... :confused:

Yup,

There are pple who have significant cash reserve but accumulated a mounting debt behind them. This poll is highly inaccurate.

To be frank, a CS member can save up to 20K per year if he wants to.

Here's my breakdown
==========================
Monthly savings: $600 ($7200 annually)
Freelance web projects: $3000 (but freelance photogs can definitely earn a few times more if they don't buy a new L lense after every event)
Average total savings per year: 10k

This is my interim record for 2006 as I just got out of a prison called National Service in 2005.
Of course, most of these savings was funneled into investments and start-up capital for my web hosting business to generate revenue.

For the savings generated in 2007, they will be sadly channeled to my degree school fees for the course I plan to take up in the Q4 2007.

To be frank, a CS member can save up to 20K per year if he wants to.

Here's my breakdown
==========================
Monthly savings: $600 ($7200 annually)
Freelance web projects: $3000 (but freelance photogs can definitely earn a few times more if they don't buy a new L lense after every event)
Average total savings per year: 10k

This is my interim record for 2006 as I just got out of a prison called National Service in 2005.
Of course, most of these savings was funneled into investments and start-up capital for my web hosting business to generate revenue.

For the savings generated in 2007, they will be sadly channeled to my degree school fees for the course I plan to take up in the Q4 2007.

who knows? maybe some firm will buy your web hosting business for $2 Billion? :cool:

who knows? maybe some firm will buy your web hosting business for $2 Billion? :cool:

I have been offered to be incorporated into a larger SME before. But the intention was mainly to actually 'incorporate' me into their company because they see me as an asset. I rejected the offer.

If someone is willing to pay a large sum to buy over my business, I'd probably reject it because I love the business that I'm doing right now.

Donald Trump said:
Don't waste your time in a business which you don't have passion in.

But even if I have to sell off the business for some reasons, I'll probably start another with that sum of money because that's just me. :)

Anyone can actually drawdown his 10 credit facilities and have $50k cash immediately.

What's the use of polling? :(

You thinking of holding someone's family member for ransom is it? If yes, I suggest you take their pets better. I know of friends who will immediate fork out $1k-5k for the return of their pets. Don't know about the husbands/wives though, maybe call police first. :think:

Sensitive subject, lah. Nobody is gonna tell the truth even if he post the amount of saving he has.

you should put S$1mil, S$1bil...etc...in your poll... :D

yes, money is important but nowadays.. a successful life also depend on " luck " or " blessing " .. have u watch " Singapore Dreaming " ? that guy died after winning the Toto draw.. so sad.

:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.