how much it cost to go israel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talked to an israeli some months back about going there. I think a typical trip is something like going to Syria and then smuggling yourself into Israel. I'm sure there are some flights going there, but you might prefer the adventure.

He mentioned something about making sure that the immigration people in Israel chops the stamp on a piece of paper and then removing it when you leave the country. Some muslim countries (like Malaysia?) might not like it if they see an Israeli stamp and you might have problem using your passport after that.

Oh, and beware the body cavity check at the airport. They're paranoid about anyone that looks strange... a chinese guy I spoke to told me they pull him over for extra checks/interviews everytime he lands in Tel Aviv.

Hmm... An interesting place to be in.

But den again, if its ur time, its ur time.

No idea on the cost getting there from Singapore, but I can confirm the heavy security checks at the border.

Arrived in Tel Aviv and missed my connecting flight because of the security checks. Guess a bunch of people with lots of scuba gear are suspicious. By the way stay extremely polite as their security check can get rather intimate if they want to

Taken the situation I can understand their paranoia, but it does not give a feeling of being a welcome tourist. On your way out of the country you will get the same treatment. So make sure you got plenty of proof to confirm whatever you have been doing during your stay.

Also make very sure you do NOT get an Israel visa stamp in your passport. There are several Muslim countries (particular in the middle east) that will give you even a harder time at their border when they see that stamp. For many it means you will be rejected, not sure how they react in the Muslim countries around Singapore.

King Tiger said:
I known of one CSer been to Israel before and take very nice photo.

he's none other dan our favourite Clown.. ;p

marcel said:
Also make very sure you do NOT get an Israel visa stamp in your passport. There are several Muslim countries (particular in the middle east) that will give you even a harder time at their border when they see that stamp. For many it means you will be rejected, not sure how they react in the Muslim countries around Singapore.

i think the singapore immigration has this service of issuing a separate passport just for use in israel, so you won't have the stamp on your usual passport.

Status
Not open for further replies.