How much is half day wedding photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.
catchlights said:
How long is your lunch brake? did your company pay you salary during your lunch brake? any brake must be more than 3 hours, 4 hours or 5 hours is up to you to set.
the main idea of this thing is to tell couple that you are expensive, you value your time, encourage couples plan their activity wisely. if a couple can tell photographer this, for sure this is the cheapo clients, the wouldn't buy this kind of idea. they would prefer to pay a package and ask photographer to start from 6am till 11.30pm, take whatever things, even their pet fish, dog and cat etc...
Even in commercial photography, client pay you by day rate, you go for a 2 hours lunch brake, client also don't bother, as long you deliver what he wants.

yeap that's right. you need a contact to deliever a clause that a break is of more than 2-3 hours. This will weed out the al cheapo and 'eat you type' of clients you rather not shoot for and you will be more passionate about shooting those who respect your craft and deliever.

if the couple treats you nice i'm sure that you will put your heart into your craft. If the client is eyeing your every movement i'm sure it will affect your mood and ability to shoot better.

Agreed with you.
This pricing system is more transparent, couples hate hidden cost, and like to customize the finished products to what they prefer.
I'm reviewing my current price structure now. Hope to implement it soon.

:)

yeah, i guess a clause will do the trick. learnt something here. thanks.

catchlights said:
have day and dinner, how can cosider half day? thou 6 hours needed.
not much less than the usual whole day package.

One more thing, wedding photographer beware those people ask for half day wedding shoot, say no dinner, want you to qoute half day price, actually there are having wedding brunch or lunch, end up the total service hours are the same as day plus dinner. some more no brake for photographer in between, so also no lunch offer to the poor photographer, in the end photographer work from early moring till 4pm have no food, only drink, still want to ask for half day rate.

Photographers better take note, if someone ask for half day, better ask properly, if it is having wedding brunch or lunch, just qoute whole day rate, and ask for lunch brake, no brake and no whole day rate, ask them to find someone else.

good said.....:thumbsup:

catchlights said:
Photographers better take note, if someone ask for half day, better ask properly, if it is having wedding brunch or lunch, just qoute whole day rate, and ask for lunch brake, no brake and no whole day rate, ask them to find someone else.
Actually I will heck care and take a 15 mins break to grab a burger or something. There was a pretty bad couple who complained that i needed to eat. That one i really buay song, i chided her back.... "Hey, I don't think anybody is willing to work from 5am to 4pm without eating anything".

pixelArtwork said:
errrrrr, r u sure that works? what if the client says, he/she wants from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., then from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. and not going to pay between 5 and 6 because there is no activity??? :dunno:

No problem at all. Eg, 7.30-1.30 and 7-11pm my current rate is 800.

I do have a couple whose wedding is 12-4 and 6-11pm (ROM). I charged $750. And by 6.30 the ROM would have ended, meaning i will makan from 6.30-7pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.