How many of you have seen this up close and personal? (Rhino Beetle)

kriegsketten

Apr 7, 2010
Southern Enclave
Last edited:
Looks like a Twin Horned Stag Beetle.

Have you seen this locally, in the wild and free I mean. I know some people kept them as pets, and they feast on rotten wood, leaves, etc. I found this one in a garden... I let it go after the picture was taken...

Last edited:
Have you seen this locally, in the wild and free I mean. I know some people kept them as pets, and they feast on rotten wood, leaves, etc. I found this one in a garden... I let it go after the picture was taken...

Nope, I have yet to see one in the wild areas.

Thanks, then I gather that it is almost impossible to find it in the wild locally...

When you do see one, remember to not place your finger behind it's neck or let its legs grab your finger - one helluva painful experience... :sweatsm: When this guy defends itself, it retaliates like Manny Pacquiao (quipped the Pacman), don't let its slow motion fool you...

Thanks, then I gather that it is almost impossible to find it in the wild locally...

When you do see one, remember to not place your finger behind it's neck or let its legs grab your finger - one helluva painful experience... :sweatsm: When this guy defends itself, it retaliates like Manny Pacquiao (quipped the Pacman), don't let its slow motion fool you...

Sure. Thanks for sharing the info :).