how long to wait for a flat?


Status
Not open for further replies.

stl

New Member
Apr 7, 2002
104
0
0
40
Visit site
#1
now how long have to wait for a new flat on average? i saw on newspaper those kind queue up and buy on the spot one, how do we know where to queue or when is it on?
 

Feb 3, 2002
1,741
0
0
Singapore
#2
If I'm not wrong, for standard flats, it's 1 to 2 years. For BTO ones, it takes a little longer.

Why don't you check out the hdb website? It's quite informative.
 

stl

New Member
Apr 7, 2002
104
0
0
40
Visit site
#3
saw from website, those couples earning above 2K cannot buy 3 room flat... so die die must buy 4rm and above even if got no use for the extra rooms lor :(

by the way, how long does it takes to collect the keys for the Walk-In-Selection System?
 

T

Trevor_Tan

Guest
#4
Originally posted by stl
saw from website, those couples earning above 2K cannot buy 3 room flat... so die die must buy 4rm and above even if got no use for the extra rooms lor :(

by the way, how long does it takes to collect the keys for the Walk-In-Selection System?
I had just book a flat by WIS in late June and got a letter fro HDB to collect the keys in late july, so early that I need to push back the collection date to Oct. So I believe for WIS if all the process is smooth you will get your keys within 2 months.
As for the rooms, One will be studyroom (or PC Game room). I plan to convert the other one to a studio to keep the camera stuffs and put a replaceable backdrop. Learn to take portraits. And first victim will be my wife to be. Next will be those who come for house visiting.:devil:
 

stl

New Member
Apr 7, 2002
104
0
0
40
Visit site
#5
Originally posted by Trevor_Tan


I had just book a flat by WIS in late June and got a letter fro HDB to collect the keys in late july, so early that I need to push back the collection date to Oct. So I believe for WIS if all the process is smooth you will get your keys within 2 months.
As for the rooms, One will be studyroom (or PC Game room). I plan to convert the other one to a studio to keep the camera stuffs and put a replaceable backdrop. Learn to take portraits. And first victim will be my wife to be. Next will be those who come for house visiting.:devil:
Actually the flat have all been built before the WIS rite... the website say on the 10th of each month will publish the area for the WIS and people will line up to purchase... wouldnt you have missed the chance to view/compare other flats?
 

Shadus

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
841
0
0
43
HWZ?
mylife.clubsnap.org
#6
Due to glut of flats, there's no longer any waiting time required if you want your flat fast. If you do not want it so soon, just choose those flats which are still under construction. They'll be able to tell you the waiting time.

In the future, there will only be BTO flats and the waiting time is 1-2 yrs. It's almost like condos where u book your condos, then the developer go and build it.
 

T

Trevor_Tan

Guest
#8
Originally posted by stl


Actually the flat have all been built before the WIS rite... the website say on the 10th of each month will publish the area for the WIS and people will line up to purchase... wouldnt you have missed the chance to view/compare other flats?
I think it is easier to compare flats if it is on resale, new flats is very hard to compare as they only open up 1 area every month and you don't even know when the next area will be. You can only compare flat that are on sale at the area and choose the location/unit you want. So even you wait and compare with those selling on the following months and you find all are craps, you may not get the one u quite like few months back, cos others had bought it.

I suggestion for buying new flats is if the location is right, unit layout quite right and price is all right then don't wait liao. There may not be a better one even you wait.
Also note that the newer flats that are currently being built seem to be smaller then what is on sale now. The newer 5 room standard is only about 100m² compare to what you get now is 10m² smaller (that is a 2m x 5m area, enough to build a shelf for all the photo albums and camera stuffs.)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom