How is double exposure well archieve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shan_gui

Feb 8, 2005
woodland
i read abt the double exposure. can anyone tell mi or elaborate to mi how to archieve. thks

eg 1: if the correct exposure for a given scene is 10sec@f5.6, then expose at 5secs@f5.6 each.

eg 2: if the correct exposure for a given scene is 1/500sec@f5.6, then expose at 1/1000@f5.6 each.

foxtwo said:
eg 1: if the correct exposure for a given scene is 10sec@f5.6, then expose at 5secs@f5.6 each.

eg 2: if the correct exposure for a given scene is 1/500sec@f5.6, then expose at 1/1000@f5.6 each.

When do we use the multiple exposure mode?
That time i accidentally switched to multiple exposure mode and squeezed off three frames... the result is really 'rojak' LOL...
:bsmilie:

icarus said:
That time i accidentally switched to multiple exposure mode and squeezed off three frames... the result is really 'rojak' LOL...

i'm not familiar with automated cameras, is there a auto function for multiple exposure? i shoot with fm2n & fe2.

u r saying it was 3 exposures on 1 frame? :confused:

If you are shooting digital, its best to use PS to do it. Exposure correct for both shots and edit.

However, just in case you are using film...

For negative, do what foxtwo says
For slides, do opposite of what he said (ie, overexpose by 1 stop for each frame)

These settings are for double exposure. For triple or more, have to compensate more.

Splutter can you explain the technical reason why overexpose 1 stop for slides?
Thread Starter sorry to hog this thread :)

icarus said:

When you want a certain effect like this or similar,

1203_xmas.jpg

4 times exposure.

binbeto said:
When you want a certain effect like this or similar,

1203_xmas.jpg

4 times exposure.

A picture speaks a thousand words :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

zhuozehai said:
Splutter can you explain the technical reason why overexpose 1 stop for slides?
Thread Starter sorry to hog this thread :)

Oppz, should have been more specific. For slides, multiple exposure is not done on the same slide. What people do is to overexpose the scene, so that that slide can be stacked on other slides to give a correct exposure when viewed together.

so its either overexpose then stack or underexpose twice in a frame for slides?

Splutter said:
Oppz, should have been more specific. For slides, multiple exposure is not done on the same slide. What people do is to overexpose the scene, so that that slide can be stacked on other slides to give a correct exposure when viewed together.
You are talking about sandwitch the slide, not in camera double exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.