How is AT-X 828 AF PRO AF 80-200 f2.8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

royarcilla

Apr 6, 2009
East Side
I wanted to post this thread inside the 3rd party lenses group but I wanted to get the actual experience of Nikon Users being a Nikon user myself. (Hope the Mods forgive me):)

How is the performance of this lens when bolted in Nikon DSLR's. I need an unbiased outlook, you hate it or you love it, tell me why.

Thanks!

Tried this lens before not worth the money. IQ in term of sharpness, color and contrast is far away from the nikon variant.

maximum focal length + minimum focus distance + wide open = soft images
other than that i am ok with it

erm how much is it now in the market. cuz was also considering it. thanks

Actually this is a very good lens.. part of the Tokina Trinity.. lol.. Very solid build, relatively fast autofocus.

hi, i just got this piece of lens from a fellow clubsnapper, well, after using it, find that the autofocus on my d90 seems decent, as mentioned above, i would admit that the IQ in terms of sharpness is not tt fantastic as what i have compare with other photos. Moreover, the weight of this lens is pretty heavy. for shooting 150 & beyond, i think i may need a monopod to support the weight to compensate w/o the VR feature.

However, i seems to have a problem using manual focus for this lens, not too sure isit about the minimum focal distance, can anyone enlighten me about whether the manual focus ring for this lens is suppose to be loose? thanks

:)

hi, i just got this piece of lens from a fellow clubsnapper, well, after using it, find that the autofocus on my d90 seems decent, as mentioned above, i would admit that the IQ in terms of sharpness is not tt fantastic as what i have compare with other photos. Moreover, the weight of this lens is pretty heavy. for shooting 150 & beyond, i think i may need a monopod to support the weight to compensate w/o the VR feature.

However, i seems to have a problem using manual focus for this lens, not too sure isit about the minimum focal distance, can anyone enlighten me about whether the manual focus ring for this lens is suppose to be loose? thanks

:)

Can post some sample pics at f2.8?

Status
Not open for further replies.