How I wish I got EF 300mm F/4L IS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
It must be nice with that. ;p

Yes...it's a very nice lens. But this and a 1.4X TC or the 100-400mm really bugs the hell out of me. Can't make up my mind.

Just out of interest, what would you use it for if you bought one?

fWord said:
Just out of interest, what would you use it for if you bought one?
shooting birds, flowers & insects with 500D and then I will sell my sigma 135-400 and tamron 90mm.

dRebelXT said:
shooting birds, flowers & insects with 500D and then I will sell my sigma 135-400 and tamron 90mm.

Well, it's possibly two lenses in one. But the Tamron looks like a fine piece of kit...no point for you to give it up if you're into macro shots.

fWord said:
Well, it's possibly two lenses in one. But the Tamron looks like a fine piece of kit...no point for you to give it up if you're into macro shots.
Tamron absolute fine and it gave me great pictures! Just that, my small i-Case can not hold too many things. :(

JediForce4ever said:
For your setup, get a Minitrekker...no problem fitting all ur equipment;)

Indeed...I agree with JediForce. In the past I used to have two slingbags and eventually decided to get a backpack. The MicroTrekker looked really cute, and it was adequate at that time, but I am thankful that the final decision went to the MiniTrekker. It's not an overly huge bag, but it has a surprising amount of space inside. That can be used for snacks, a spare T-shirt, plastic bags...and the rear pocket can be used to house a water pack as well if you really want to go 'trekking'.

If you wanna put extra things in like extra T-shirt...get a Computrekker..notenook slot can put slim stuffs like these..but the bag is like Ninja Turtle's shell...

JediForce4ever said:
If you wanna put extra things in like extra T-shirt...get a Computrekker..notenook slot can put slim stuffs like these..but the bag is like Ninja Turtle's shell...
Yeah, I am using Computrekker, it's really nice, and I use photorunner with my 28-135 and 420Ex when go to exhibitions.

i just sold mine hehe

i will prefer 70-200 f2.8 + 1.4x TC

more flexible and the quality wont degrade much (with the 1.4x) even at wide open

certainly, AF and sharpness wise, the 300mm prime will wins hand down

Status
Not open for further replies.