How I bought my first dSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, GreeKo, erictan8888, ZerocoolAstra, Anson, hoho85, sin77, madmartian, ortega, wildsoyabean, tomboy1785, Dream Merchant, iszan, eilsel85, SeAnCoLd, tiger74, SereneXMM, for spending so much time reading such a long winded thread !! Much thanks !! :)

Bit more thanks for those who went out of the way to give their own experiences too ! ;) I am sure more ppl will benefit from all this .

Honestly I am a little sianzz of reading threads of what cameras should I buy, because it detracts from the read purpose of why we want to take pictures anyway. No matter what the purpose, be it recording memories, to make $$ , to create art, or simply a hobby, the camera is nothing but a tool. So are lens and accessories.

So yes !! My new Year resolution will be to get try spend more time shooting, to learn more things, and maybe come out for outings (very human shy) ;p

Maybe up next -
?a step by step guide on what I learnt on my first Year of taking pictures??
?a guide on how to select a lens to buy ??

Many thanks again

As a newbie who has read many posts asking what dSLR to buy, tomboy's experience is a good one. Don't buy a dSLR just because everyone else around you is buying a dSLR. Buy it only if you genuinely can warrant the need for a a dSLR. If not, a very capable P&S will more than suffice cover most photographer's needs.

Seen my cousin's honeymoon pictures using a dSLR, realised that they are mostly underexposed! There goes their memories! Bottom line: know what you want and what your expectations are.

As a newbie who has read many posts asking what dSLR to buy, tomboy's experience is a good one. Don't buy a dSLR just because everyone else around you is buying a dSLR. Buy it only if you genuinely can warrant the need for a a dSLR. If not, a very capable P&S will more than suffice cover most photographer's needs.

Seen my cousin's honeymoon pictures using a dSLR, realised that they are mostly underexposed! There goes their memories! Bottom line: know what you want and what your expectations are.

can't they just use Auto mode or preview from the LCD?
thats very puzzling..

Thats very sad to hear.. honeymoon is such a memorable event!
But ya.. the camera doesnt have a liveview function? or they nv even practised shooting before going honeymoon ah..

Hopefully postprocessing helps to brighten up the photos:):)

Bought my first DSLR B&S here. Evolt E-510< That's wat I'm trying to do. Shoot & learn optimised to full protential of my equipment. After all, I'm a newbie picking up my old hobbies during the slr Film days.

Status
Not open for further replies.