How do you store/take care of your books

Status
Not open for further replies.

jusnapit

Dec 22, 2006
Recently I open up my bookshelve to pass some books to my friend. Darn frustrated to find out my collections of sci-fi / fantasy series has turned yellowish with brown spots. The bookshelve has a glassdoor and generally the room is pretty warm from constant baking of the sun. $$$ wasted.... dunno how the heck it happened.

So how do you take care of your prized possession?

strip the book and scan :bsmilie:

Recently I open up my bookshelve to pass some books to my friend. Darn frustrated to find out my collections of sci-fi / fantasy series has turned yellowish with brown spots. The bookshelve has a glassdoor and generally the room is pretty warm from constant baking of the sun. $$$ wasted.... dunno how the heck it happened.

So how do you take care of your prized possession?

air con room with drying agent... if really prized, maybe will buy a dry cabi... cos sell can buy many cabi + long term power supply...

strip the book and scan :bsmilie:

Errr.... defeat the purpose of keeping books. The feeling of having a book on hand and flipping the crispy pages defeats online reading anytime. ;p

I'd go with the dehumidifier. If not, get those Hippo Dehumidifier which you can get at supermarkets. You simply tear away the plastic on top, put it on your shelf and remember to replace once in 1-1.5months. Remember to keep the glass-doors closed. :)

I'd go with the dehumidifier. If not, get those Hippo Dehumidifier which you can get at supermarkets. You simply tear away the plastic on top, put it on your shelf and remember to replace once in 1-1.5months. Remember to keep the glass-doors closed. :)

Noted, :thumbsup: will give the hippo a try. I don't think i can fit a dehumidifier into the shelve, especially with the power cable sticking out, don't think i want any drilling.:sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.