How do you showcase your photos online?

How do you showcase your photos online?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WuffRuff

Jan 10, 2007
opp. East Coast Park
Wonder which means you use to showcase your photos of portfolio online and why?
Do you think having your portfolio on a personal website looks more professional than on photo sharing hosts or blogs and would this affect clients' perception of you as a photographer?

Btw, personal website means those that you pay a webhost for space and have your own domain name and build yourself (or someone help you).

Last edited:
i use flickr coz its very convenient and user frenly imho

of course a personal website will be more professional but im just a hobbyist

Do you think having your portfolio on a personal website looks more professional than on photo sharing hosts or blogs and would this affect clients' perception of you as a photographer?

Btw, personal website means those that you pay a webhost for space and have your own domain name and build yourself (or someone help you).
Who say personal websites look more professional... :D

I go for personal site because 1. I like to have my own domain, 2. Speed for having local server and 3. I can play wif it. ;)

But if you are a business... better to have own site... but it's all part of you "marketing" and product positioning... whole package must work together.

I put them on flickr.

I can see that you have no portfolio yet. Try and sign up for a free site first. =) Well, if your pics are good, it does not matter where you showcase them. I think for most of us, it is just a hobby. So posting them in blogs is just natural.

Other than photo site, every week I will send my pics to the group of shooter at work. One of which is a harsh, pixel peeping, ex-Nikon employee that's difficult to satisfy.

.. I use Canon, so maybe that's why she is harsh. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.