How do you secure your DSLR?

I have nice steady hands that grip onto my dslr body to secure it firmly

gone from blackrapid to carry speed fs-slim.

pros

-can mount on arca swiss tripod head straight away w/o taking off strap
-no blackrapid carabiner to scratch the bottom of yr camera
-its streamline with yr body when not using because the attachment point is on left side. (see picture then you wld know)
-the neoprene padding is bouncy, so more comfy
-camera can now sit flat on the table. BR can't.
-can unclip the straps. the clip has safety feature too.

cons
-the attachment point takes longer to unmount becoz u need to unscrew but I dont do it often.
-expensive
-a bit heavier

[video=youtube_share;xS37P6on5ZE]http://youtu.be/xS37P6on5ZE[/video]

never looked back again

Last edited:
does anyone here shoulder sling the lens? i find it easy for me to shoulder sling and shoot. I am carrying a small body - EOS 500D

Just DON'T use Sun-sniper. It failed me miserably and cost me $500 for repairs.

Marketing very good.

[video=youtube;OXYHKeE3Vvg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OXYHKeE3Vvg[/video]

Got myself the RS7 from CP more than a year back, never had to look elsewhere ever since. I do have a habit of totally unhooking my whole rig when I shoot, then clip it back to the carabiner when moving off.

pros

-its streamline with yr body when not using because the attachment point is on left side. (see picture then you wld know)

cons
-the attachment point takes longer to unmount becoz u need to unscrew but I dont do it often.
-expensive
-a bit heavier

[video=youtube_share;xS37P6on5ZE]http://youtu.be/xS37P6on5ZE[/video]

never looked back again

Was quite convinced until I saw that the main band is elastic, which is a big no-no for me. I never trust anything that's elastic, as they tend to degrade over time and just stretch out in the end. Same for all those silly elastic cords on my backpacks. I usually buy one with minimal cords, then remove any one that's present and bin them. imho, elastic stuff never last at all...

Agree with the fact that cams with the Fastenr on cannot sit flat on the table. I may have damaged quite a number of table tops back then, but now I jut leave the cam lying on its other side :p

Ouch, sounds like a buckle failure... :(

Was quite convinced until I saw that the main band is elastic, which is a big no-no for me. I never trust anything that's elastic, as they tend to degrade over time and just stretch out in the end. Same for all those silly elastic cords on my backpacks. I usually buy one with minimal cords, then remove any one that's present and bin them. imho, elastic stuff never last at all...
(

it wont break. this thing is called neoprene. i used cheap neoprene strap from ebay. they are still in great condition when i changed to BR sling type.

I have nice steady hands that grip onto my dslr body to secure it firmly

lol heard that a few times already ...... whatever it is , camera straps are like contraceptives.... put one on if you dont want an accident

Learnphotography said:

pros

cons
-expensive
-a bit heavier

never looked back again

I use carry speed fs-pro, and absolutely loving it too :)

Learnphotography said:
becoz your are CS ma

Haha. Didnt realize the acro for carry speed until u mentioned it. How's your slim strap? I don't find the pro version being too wide for me. It's so comfortable. They have just brought out the sling pouch. Contemplating to buy it

Haha. Didnt realize the acro for carry speed until u mentioned it. How's your slim strap? I don't find the pro version being too wide for me. It's so comfortable. They have just brought out the sling pouch. Contemplating to buy it

more comfy than BR. yrs shld be more comfy because u bought the fatter strap

CScsCS said:
I use carry speed fs-pro, and absolutely loving it too :)

Am using the CS FS Pro too. Switched from Crumpler Disgrace. No more neck aches!

Just one complaint tho. When placing the plate with the ball head facing the front, the set up will scratch my fat 77mm lens. So I switched it to the rear. Abit awkward at first but got used to it. Am loving it ever since.

Learnphotography said:
more comfy than BR. yrs shld be more comfy because u bought the fatter strap

Apart from the comfy-ness, the whole setup just excels in many other ways, and it doesn't bounce and bang my hip. Very careful engineering indeed :)

kohbro said:
Am using the CS FS Pro too. Switched from Crumpler Disgrace. No more neck aches!

Just one complaint tho. When placing the plate with the ball head facing the front, the set up will scratch my fat 77mm lens. So I switched it to the rear. Abit awkward at first but got used to it. Am loving it ever since.

Oh, so far, I have come across a guy whom did a review placing his plate the way u have yours. In the review, he didnt seem having any problem grabbing the camera etc. let me see if I can find that video again :)

CScsCS said:
Oh, so far, I have come across a guy whom did a review placing his plate the way u have yours. In the review, he didnt seem having any problem grabbing the camera etc. let me see if I can find that video again :)

Ops, I'm still not allowed to post link just yet. I'll PM you :)

I swear by the Op/tech straps. I don't like the stock ones because they tend to be quite rough and I've gotten abrasions on my shoulder/neck before. The op/tech strap is larger and wider so the weight of the camera is spread over a larger surface area = less pressure on your shoulders/neck. You will also appreciate the softer 'foam' material very much !