How do you get this effect?

Makanator

Feb 28, 2008
Singapore
I don't know whether this is the right place to post my query but here it goes:

How do you shoot clothes in the manner that they looked like they are being propped up from the inside while they are floating in midair like here: http://www.uniqlo.com/ultralightdown_m/sg/

Any idea guys?

Last edited:
a few ideas i could think off.

1:a wire frame in the jacket+ hanging threads. photoshopped off of course

2: it could be a drawn design...

they may actually be resting on a white surface, for all you know :)

they may actually be resting on a white surface, for all you know :)

I second this opinion. It might have been layed on a white surface and the photo taken from above.

*EDIT*
Opps, I think i get what you mean, just spotted the suspended jacket image. In this case I will have to believe its suspended by some wireframe or strings which are PPed away later on the final image.

Last edited:
Hung in the air with string/wire frame, fan blowing below. PP string/wire frame away. Might not be so effective with thinner clothing, you will get waves in the material.
Alternatively/transparent mannequin, pp away unwanted parts.

Last edited:
is it this image?
101005-ultralight-men-064440-02.jpg

taken from www.uniqlo.com/

garment looks quite 'flat' to me leh... I'm guessing that it's laid flat on the ground/table.... :)

use a fan to blow air in to "inflate" the jacket?
at the same time it will blow the jacket upwards so that it will look like it is floating.

Last edited:
hahahah dunno how come the first 2 or 3 times I clicked on the link, I did not see the moving, floating jacket on the top of the page... :dunno:

maybe didn't load properly.

I think probably suspended off of something that is easy enough to PP away, and air is introduced from the bottom to 'puff up' the jacket.