How do you choose your brand of filters?

What affects your choice of filter?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B+W Slim MRc for the 17-40L

I used to think Hoya was good enough.. Until I tried B+W ;) I still use Hoya on my Digital Camcorder though, 'cos B&W don't make so small one..

hptay said:
Just a curious survey regarding your choice of filter..

Any reason why you stick to a particuliar brand? Usually its the shop who recommends me and I really dont think much. :think:

Other that Hoya, any other popular choices?

donchua said:
Me Nikon or B+W MRC.
How do they compare? I have been using Nikon but have not tried B+W MRc.

Hoya HMC good enough optically for me. Difficult to clean? Well, I do not clean it that often, so not much of a problem - just do a blow now and then, unless got finger print marks.

damn! sometimes hoya HMC hard to frigging clean!! cant remember is it my UV(N) or the normal one thats hard to clean...but still! ARG!!!!! can someone recommend EFFECTIVE AND FAST tools for cleaning lenses, filters..? heard of lenspen or what, but never purcahsed before. always been faithfully using lens tissues and lens cloth.

doug3fflux said:
damn! sometimes hoya HMC hard to frigging clean!! cant remember is it my UV(N) or the normal one thats hard to clean...but still! ARG!!!!! can someone recommend EFFECTIVE AND FAST tools for cleaning lenses, filters..? heard of lenspen or what, but never purcahsed before. always been faithfully using lens tissues and lens cloth.

Lens pen works well for me on the Hoya HMC. But after I broke my last one, changed to B+W MRC le :p

Looks like a tussle between B+W and Hoya here. But I use Marumi leh.;)

Hey, anyone has the price of B+W slim 77mm? Not all shops have them... i only know TCW... anywhere else?

That's maruman...

back to 90's: Nikon F90 + Cokin Filters
new millenium with DSLR Canon Eos 300D: Hoya and hoya and hoya..:D :sweat:

There is Kenko Pro1 available at TKPhoto, very cheap. Suppose to be same specification as Hoya Super HMC Pro1. Hoya cost $50 (i take 58mm for example), the Kenko equivalent cost $35 only. Good enough for kit lens i think.

B+W MRC UV 010 costs $50 at Cathay Photo
Nikon Neutral Colour costs $35 at Lord's

both are 52mm. B+W for my 50mm F1.8D and Nikon NC for my 18-55mm kit lens.

Stick to B+W for the expensive original lenses. It is worth the amount you pay for the quanlity if you are using for my fav Nikon 80-200 F2.8. Superb image

However, agreed with Sammy888 that it is not worth to pay for B+W for entry level lenses. My 2ct worth:)

wrx_sti_22b said:
There is Kenko Pro1 available at TKPhoto, very cheap. Suppose to be same specification as Hoya Super HMC Pro1. Hoya cost $50 (i take 58mm for example), the Kenko equivalent cost $35 only. Good enough for kit lens i think.

Ai yo, one of my nite time photos i discovered this so call 'same spec with Hoya Super HMC Pro1' Kenko filter got filter flare.

'Yi fen cian yi fen huo' is it? Cheap one sure no good? Maybe the more expensive Hoya Super HMC Pro 1 won't have filter flare in tat same photo? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.