How do I use chinese fonts in Photoshop CS2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wainism

Apr 15, 2004
Beeshan
hi guys,

have a question here.

i downloaded some chinese fonts from the net, its in true type format. i saved it in my c:\windows\fonts folder and it shows up in microsoft word. but the font doesnt seem to be available in PS.

been searching for a fonts folder in CS, but to no avail. i tried to type the words in the font that i wanted and paste to PS, but doesnt work.

any advice?

also, any other places to get chinese fonts?

i went to http://www.sino.uni-heidelberg.de/edv/sinopc/chinese_fonts.htm

If you are using Windows XP's chinese text input (pinyin), you should be able to enter Chinese text directly onto a picture in PS2 usingt the text input tool..

Alternatively, if you can enter the Chinese text into MS Word, then you can cut and paste from Word into PS2 document.

I tried both methods and both worked.

in Window XP > control panel > Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options > Add Other Languages > Regional Options > in the drop down chose - Chinese (Singapore)

you should be able to see this

0018.jpg

select the CH > open PSCS2 > and type

0025.jpg

some chinese fonts have their names encoded in chinese. you have to tell PSCS2 to NOT display font names in english. then you will be able to see the fonts in the drop list. once you can do that you can use the normal windows text input to type the chinese characters.

It is a pity that from PS5.0 and above, It can not put into Chinese!

Reinstallation!

don't use the automatic installation! Use customize mode to install.

PS安装时要选择“自定义安装”,然后选中最下面的“支持亚洲文字”,
当安装程序询问安装模式时,不要用默认的Typical(典型)安装,选择Custom(自定义)安装,并确认“CMap”前的复选框被选中。这样在安装完毕后的Photoshop就能够输入中文。

Also please download a patch that will change the SimHei、SimSuninto (中文名称)黑体、宋体

When you input 黑体, select it first, then input. Of course you can not input when it is in Arial.

hwchoy,

i read ur thread regarding this same problem, how did u solve it? basically i was trying to use the fonts from the same website that u were using.

how do i tell PS2 not to display their names in english?

actually i have no problems displaying chinese characters in PS2. the problem is that it doesnt turn up in the font i want. and they were true type fonts from the website i mentioned in post #1

the old problem I had was that PSCS couldn't display non-english in the drop list, so fonts encoded in non-english charset shows up as ????? or worst, do not show up at all.

with PSCS2 this problem went away. somewhere in the preference option there is a line that says "Display font names in English", DO NOT tick this option.

also NUSFZ5 have stated the preconditions, your windows and PSCS2 must first be installed with the appropriate Asian language support options.

Having chinese fonts display as ???? is because the chinese format doesn't support certain words. I encountered this when using illustrator. It is something to do with the hanyu pinyin and ancient words (fan ti zhi).

leotitude79 said:
Having chinese fonts display as ???? is because the chinese format doesn't support certain words. I encountered this when using illustrator. It is something to do with the hanyu pinyin and ancient words (fan ti zhi).

no leh. the same fonts appear in word, but will not appear in PSCS. Now they all appear in PSCS2.

thanks to hwchoy,

i have solved the problem by going to PSCS2,

edit>preferences>under the drop down menu type,UNCHECK display font names in english

hope it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.