How do I remove these stains on my camera?

tamronprob

Jun 19, 2010
Any one have any idea what kind of stain this is (on the thumb grip)? It only shows up in that area and not other parts of the camera. I've tried wiping them off with a damp cloth but to no avail... Please help!

5868697330_35136f9094_z.jpg

Looks like sweat stains. They will show up anywhere that has the rubberized part. Even your lens zoom ring or focus ring(if it's rubber too). Just let it be.

tamronprob said:
Any one have any idea what kind of stain this is (on the thumb grip)? It only shows up in that area and not other parts of the camera. I've tried wiping them off with a damp cloth but to no avail... Please help!

Use a toothbrush,apply a bit of soap...brush it off...do make sure u fully wipe the soap away with a damp cloth..wipe it dry...shld be able to clean it off..

I use Dettol wipes. Dries up quite fast too.

Looks like sweat stains. They will show up anywhere that has the rubberized part. Even your lens zoom ring or focus ring(if it's rubber too). Just let it be.

Yes, I've seen others having the same thing too. Looks really ugly and dirty...

Use a toothbrush,apply a bit of soap...brush it off...do make sure u fully wipe the soap away with a damp cloth..wipe it dry...shld be able to clean it off..

Have you tried this method personally? I'm afraid it might make things worse!

I use Dettol wipes. Dries up quite fast too.

This looks like the most promising method. I'll give it a try, thanks!

erm... as long as you have alcohol contents in your solution that you use, you will be able to wipe them off effectively...

buy alchohol wipes from guardian/watson.