How do I make a video cd out of an avi and srt (subtitle) file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Video CD's are in MPEG-1 video format, so you will have to convert the AVI to MPEG-1 before burning to VCD. Super-VCD's do MPEG-2, just like DVD's, but SVCD's can be made on regular CD-R's.

The above links are good starting points. Also take a look at http://www.doom9.org/ which is *THE* starting place for DVD/VCD/SVCD backup and other solutions.

I used to use Nero and create a VCD format and just drag the AVI files into the project. Works for me :)

Thanks guys. Actually I know how to create VCDs from avi files. I am just unsure of how to "integrate" the subtitle file that comes with the avi file(SRT format) into the VCD. :think:

gremlin said:
Thanks guys. Actually I know how to create VCDs from avi files. I am just unsure of how to "integrate" the subtitle file that comes with the avi file(SRT format) into the VCD. :think:

what software you use to convert to vcd?

gremlin said:
the sub title player will activate during the encoding, so it should be hard coded onto the movie. that's whay i do for chinese subs for dvd.

xeno said:
what software you use to convert to vcd?

I tried DVD2SVCD... it is supposed to work but somehow it does not for my system... anyways... thanks guys for your suggestions and tips :)

Status
Not open for further replies.