How do i do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoggieb

May 27, 2002
Visit site
Hi,

I am wondering how can i shoot a car which stationary but the background is blurred, causing the car to seem as if it is moving. Otherwise, can i do it in photoshop?

Thanks.

Something like this?

DSC_7547.jpg

Basically use a lowish shutter speed e.g. 1/30-1/60, and follow/track the subject, hit the shutter button, and continue tracking. You need a lot of experiments/practice to get it right.

Regards
CK

ckiang said:
Something like this?

DSC_7547.jpg

Basically use a lowish shutter speed e.g. 1/30-1/60, and follow/track the subject, hit the shutter button, and continue tracking. You need a lot of experiments/practice to get it right.

Regards
CK

Whoah... thats pro...

yoggieb, try switching on your AI Servo mode of AF if youre camera has one... so that if the focal distance changes, the subject will remain in focus..

the cheat way of course, like u pointed out is to use PS... lasoo your subject and layer mask it on a new layer... Then use the motion blur filter to blur out the back... but make sure the plane of blurring is in the direction of movement u want to make... a good eg of an image done this was is in one of the Dream car asia 2004 threads... he made the displayed car look like it was movin..=P

Thanks alot guy.

Ektar25 - Thanks for the link.

ckiang - Thanks for the tip.

drummercow - I dunnoe if my 707 has the AI servo but i will still give it a try.

You don't need continous AF... What I did last time on my prosumer is you use manual focus on the approximate distance of the object (try to put it at 3-7m)

Since you're shooting almost perpendicular, the focussing distance shouldn't change much..

In this way, you can minimise the 'shutter' lag or delay from 'hand to focussing to click' time

Especially for prosumer or compact class cameras

worked well for me at 1/60s to 1/30s

focus first....paln out ya area....wait for subject.....try to stand such tt y twist ya trunk at the start of the pan and slowly twist it back into ya normal position....

goin back to a normal bodily position is better than starting normal then ending in a twisted postition...

hope this helps...good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.