How do i clean my viewfinder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 27, 2006
Johor/Singapore
danielho.me
I've noticed dust specs when i look through the viewfinder of my 350D... i've tried cleaning it but it seems that it's in the inner part of the viewfinder... and i can't get to it... any way i can clean that part? :(

-dan-

nope... it's not on the mirror... tried that too... looks like the inner part of the viewfinder which seems inaccessible... :(

-dan-

Hmm what I usually do is use a small soft paint brush and a blower which does the trick.

However for more stubborn dirt or stains I use a lens cloth and a small tweezers (or anything small enough that'll fit into the view finder and still be able to maneuver). Wrap the cloth on the end of the tweezers and gently remove the dirt/stain.

tried that too... but that works for the part of the viewfinder that is exposed when you take out the lens... the dirt looks like it's in the space between the part you look into and the panel in the lens area... errrr.. yeah... kinda... dunno how to describe... that space inside the viewfinder lah... err... yeah...

-dan-

wah...send for cleaning at service center? Could also take the chance to get them to recalibrate ur lens at the same time...though all will cost $$$ lah :sweat:

Noticed dust specs when I look through the viewfinder of my 350D after sending in to CSC for calibration few weeks back!

Lesson learn ! Check every single parts of your camera and lens after sending your camera to CSC! :angry:

Ignore the dust. The more you trying to clean it, the more problem you will get. Also, if now is clean, doesn't guarantee dust will not come again.

Regards,
Arto.

Send it to Canon Svc Ctr for them to clean for u, shouldn't cost more than $30. But if u've to service other parts and also require cleaning, then the cleaning part is free.

Status
Not open for further replies.