Hover fly at 4 frames a second

Status
Not open for further replies.

nzmacro

Dec 22, 2004
New Zealand
www.macrophotos.com
Coming from the east, it gently flies through.

hfinl100.jpg

Slowly gaining height with landing gear up.

hfinl101.jpg

Higher it climbs, wings beating like a small drum.

hfinl102.jpg

Contiued below

Almost at full height.

hfinl103.jpg

Altitude of 75mm reached,

hfinl104.jpg

Off and on to better things, maybe some pollen is in order.

hfinl106.jpg

Thats the hover fly at 4 frames a second for 1 1/2 seconds

All the best folks. :)

Danny.

Excellent series of shots. How did you manage to get yr camera to AF so fast? I think most will have difficulty even with top range professional DSLRs. I am very impressed. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Excellent series Danny!

To get the body in focus in burst shots is already a challenge....to get even the eye in detail.....AMAZING!!!! Have still not get it how you did that with the fZ10!

Howdy Falcon, one of my favourite macro shooters :) Manual focus, I don't use anything on auto on the FZ10. Manual settings, focus, etc. AF would tend to lock on the grass, thats the problem.

Tchuanye, we are always around some where together :) always a pleasure. Today I got a burst of 5 shots of a Hover fly cleaning itself as the legs go from standing to right over its head and then with the wings up and cleaning the wings as well. Easy, just put it on the burst mode of 4 frames a second, it should take 6-7 shots in a very rapid sequence. Much easier than it seems or looks. Try it my friend, try it. :)

Danny.

nzmacro said:
Howdy Falcon, one of my favourite macro shooters :) Manual focus, I don't use anything on auto on the FZ10. Manual settings, focus, etc. AF would tend to lock on the grass, thats the problem.

Tchuanye, we are always around some where together :) always a pleasure. Today I got a burst of 5 shots of a Hover fly cleaning itself as the legs go from standing to right over its head and then with the wings up and cleaning the wings as well. Easy, just put it on the burst mode of 4 frames a second, it should take 6-7 shots in a very rapid sequence. Much easier than it seems or looks. Try it my friend, try it. :)

Danny.

Danny Danny,

you never fail to amaze me with your work...... Excellent :thumbsup: .... now you see with all those experts here i rather lurk to see shots here ;)

Ahh Jeff, you are your own biggest critic and thats a good thing, but never doubt your ability or your work. It is top work Jeff. You can argue all you like, but we know otherwise my friend. You worry about nothing Jeff and thats the truth.

All the best Jeff and please post here.....or some where else, anytime. ;)

Danny.

3rd shot is the best esp. the composition and detail.

This is a piece of master work. Well done.

nzmacro said:
Ahh Jeff, you are your own biggest critic and thats a good thing, but never doubt your ability or your work. It is top work Jeff. You can argue all you like, but we know otherwise my friend. You worry about nothing Jeff and thats the truth.

All the best Jeff and please post here.....or some where else, anytime. ;)

Danny.

Danny,

Will try to post more if i have the time to shoot. :cry:

Kekekee we are talking like some small kids chatting i think we better stop rub each other in public kekeke :bsmilie: :sticktong

Lovely shots... :thumbsup:

My shots of hover fly always end up in total failure haha...
Thanks for sharing Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.