House in the Jungle

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinji_45

Aug 26, 2006
House_by_shinji45.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
The abandoned house in in the middle of a jungle on top of some boulders; i find it very interesting. But does the composition works here? Is it too clustered with the trees in the background? Also the black and white setting.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Well i find this to be a very interesting building, and my intention is to bring serenity/tranquility to the viewers.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Physical condition, nothing special to mention. Emotional: i find this whole setting to be very calming and relaxing and want to convey a soothing picture.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
The rocky foreground serves to lead the eyes to the house. and the foliage at the back serves to be the background, but i think the trees make it seems messy. Also it was converted to black and white because the greens at the back and the light that was permeating through the leaves was too distracting.

Well weird im the first..oh well
Im no pro myself..however IMHO

I think the compo is somehow not the best? I mean i believe if the we cud see more of the house than the tree covering it. It wud give a more tranquil feel if u took a wider shot and further shot. if u get what i mean..:);)

hmm. if u want a better pic. i suggest finding a way to make the house stand out. like. having only the house in colors (brown, wood) and the rest in B and W.

way too much going on here.

never mind about what to do to the picture, this is too cluttered. to be honest, from what i see, i'm not sure whether there is even a shot of this scene, because there is too much.

unless, like what corneliustoh has mentioned, you can find a way to do this with colour, to make an anchor element stand out..

hello.
personally, having no colour for this photo is not a problem.
increasing the brightness of the surroundings of the house while making the house itself darker will isolate it and bring attention to it.

house_small.jpg

though some details are lost, the house stands out much more now.
i've also added a slight sepia tone.

please tell me if you want this removed.

i cant help but noticed that u really like editing other pple's pic... haha. :bsmilie:

back to TS. technically... its a good pic... exposure and sharpness all there + it suits the title. but aesthetically, nothing much. :)
hello.
personally, having no colour for this photo is not a problem.
increasing the brightness of the surroundings of the house while making the house itself darker will isolate it and bring attention to it.

though some details are lost, the house stands out much more now.
i've also added a slight sepia tone.

please tell me if you want this removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.