Hong Kong Camera Gears Shopping Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. So I just gotta factor in 2% difference.

Btw are all the WS and MS outlet in Mongkok have the same price since they are run by the same owner? Could save me the trip of running 3 different shops there.
I didn't check every time but the time that I have checked, the price are pretty consistent. AFAIK, Wing Shing/Man Shing did not charge extra for using credit card but Tin Cheung does.

like to enq if anyone knows of any place in hk w v good price for zeiss ze/zm lenses?
grey also can..

Just reached SG from HK less than 2 hours, went to vote liao too. :D

Great advices from this thread, got 580EX II from WS at Mongkok for HK$3,250 and paid using CC. No fuss.

Just reached SG from HK less than 2 hours, went to vote liao too. :D

Great advices from this thread, got 580EX II from WS at Mongkok for HK$3,250 and paid using CC. No fuss.

would like to double confirm, so now all canon products body, lens n flash no longer international warranty right?

would like to double confirm, so now all canon products body, lens n flash no longer international warranty right?

Wrong. I understand that flash still have. After asking the price, there is no harm asking them about the warranty. I checked mine has the international warranty card and there was the proof of purchase matching the product and card matching the serial number.

The only thing for my case is that I lost the additional 3 months local warranty and saved almost $150.

Last edited:
Yes, the Canon flash guns still include the international warranty if you buy the local sets.

Dylan1987 said:

Not all. Only the older set does. I believe canon has seized their intl warranty policy. They will still honor old set with intl warranty with receipt n dealer stamp. Do chk with the shops before purchase.

I guess the new set comes with a red border at the bottom of the box? Coz I went to some shops and noticed the diff packaging and warranty info n

Hi CS Tan, thanks for all the info which are so informative. I will be heading up north to HK end of the week and is contemplating getting the nikon AF 50 1.8D or G and the 55-200 VR. Managed to locate the price of the AF 50 1.8D at HKD830 from Fortress, which is still much cheaper than here in SG, but not the 1.8G at HKD1,780. Would you by any chance know the price for 55-200 VR?

Thanks..

Last edited:
Just got back from HK.

To answer my own question, there is a international warranty card for 2 years in the box. For Tokina 11-16mm

so canon flash gun still have intl warranty? get a bit confused over the older set and newer set.

tecnica said:
so canon flash gun still have intl warranty? get a bit confused over the older set and newer set.

Not all. Only older set that come with intl warranty. New batches no more.

Those are mainly for lenses.

lenses, i thought since oct 2010, no more intl warranty?

Not all. Only older set that come with intl warranty. New batches no more.

i see, hmm.

going there during nov, hope can get 70-200L f4 IS.

price looks tempting:
http://www.price.com.hk/product.php?p=105834

HKD9400(SGD1500~) from citiwide, heard it's not a bad shop?

btw, can use debit card instead of credit card?

anyone has info abt citiwide technologies.. i scan through the thread, seems like there is only citicall leh..

Oops, I shouldn't be in this thread, very poisonous! :O

Anyway, I was wondering why is 24L1 more expensive than 24L2 as per price.com.hk Any ideas? :dunno:

Anyway, I was wondering why is 24L1 more expensive than 24L2 as per price.com.hk Any ideas? :dunno:
I think that shop was selling the Mark II but has posted the price in the wrong item. Price between gray sets and local sets are different.

anyone has info abt citiwide technologies.. i scan through the thread, seems like there is only citicall leh..
From the info listed, they seemed to be an online store. Do note that the price is for a gray set.

So along fa yuen street there are Citicall, wing shing etc. I think I will be shopping around that area.

No sure how much time will be needed though.

hi all, im visiting hk this sat, wish to get a basic flash for my canon 600D. which model can i go for if my budget is 300SGD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.