Home Studio Lightings and Equipments

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfstan

May 31, 2005
Earth
dear all

I was wondering to get a simple lightings setup, consists of the following. do add on if you think i've forgotten anything.

1. Lightbox
2. 2x Strobe Lights
3. Strobe lights stands
4. Backdrop, something that is movable easily.

thinking of getting good sets of lighings strobe, any to recommend?

subject: baby!

please feel free to add-on the above list if you think it i would need anthing else. also, appreciate if anyone can recommend me any shop (e.g. Ruby) to view those lights/equipment before buying.

thanks in advance.

for baby i think can use off camera flash

2kit 500watts bowens GM Kit is 2450$ including of GST

Why don't you view youtube title "confession of a photographer" episode 1 to 7. I think this will give you some ideas of what you need.

Be warned... babies eyes may not be able to take the strobes directly.

Do consider using them bounced, etc...

use flashes la... no nd the big strobes.. more portable some more... but battery powered la of coz... don tink u nd so much power rite?

actually thinking bowens, elinchrome or profoto. price i think is escalating in the respective order. anyway, still researching. maybe go and rent some and see the effect before plunging. any ideas to share please?

i jus got profoto price list ..
very expensive. :sweat:
if ur keen to drop down their showroom drop me a pm

i am considering bowens 500 / elinchrome400 /multiblitz profilux 400 in the first place
but i think overall bowens should be a better choice after visiting the 3 distributors

1)cheapest
2)can loan power pack from ruby
3)can change own flash tube, elinchrome 400 watt cannot need to send back to CP
4)most impt can use jinbei accessories :bsmilie:

multiblitz being the most ex
but they have new products coming out probably next yr

only elinchrome is digital :)

for home studio, 500ws is really really over kill, unless you have a shooting area bigger than "someone's" bed room.

unless you have 2~3k to spare, if not just consider the China made flash will do. since the usage are so low, it should able to last you for many year still.

anyway, if you can read Chinese, go to National Library, there is a Chinese photography book about taking photo of baby, it is just simply using PnS and whatever make shift items to create nice photos of baby at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.