Home Macro with Close up filter - Please comment

Your critque score

Results are only viewable after voting.

Joelsherry

Jun 22, 2012
Singapore
Dear All,

Tried a few macro shots and will like to hear honest feedbacks and comments especially from those experience macro shooters on how technically and other areas that I can improve on!

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
- Composition, lighting, techniques etc

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
- Eventually working up to a pin-up standard of macro photos!

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
- :what: Emotioness, only anxiety :sweat: on fearing that the insect will fly away before I get to snap my shots! :confused:

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
- One of my better macro to date though I am quite new to photography (1 year old)

Equipment - Canon 500D close up filter onto 70-200mm lens at maximum zoom, f/8 1/200s ISO 100 with Flash/diffuser

8594462800_998ccf848a_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Please leave a score for my own assessment ....

Dear All,

Tried a few macro shots and will like to hear honest feedbacks and comments especially from those experience macro shooters on how technically and other areas that I can improve on!

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
- Composition, lighting, techniques etc

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
- Eventually working up to a pin-up standard of macro photos!

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
- :what: Emotioness, only anxiety :sweat: on fearing that the insect will fly away before I get to snap my shots! :confused:

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
- One of my better macro to date though I am quite new to photography (1 year old)

Equipment - Canon 500D close up filter onto 70-200mm lens at maximum zoom, f/8 1/200s ISO 100 with Flash/diffuser

8594462800_998ccf848a_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Please leave a score for my own assessment ....
Lighting is good..abit glaring at the bottom right..can be adjusted though..should have increased aperture or focused abit more closer..eyes arent sharp....composition is good though.no distractions beside the glare

Subjects need not necessarily be in the centre in particularly when subjects are small. Follow the rules of the third maybe.

get closer.
8612833303_d6a14b81cc_z.jpg