Home brewed rice wine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where got urgent, I am relax? Just wanna find out if you have been posioned. Singapore didn't ban rice wine, just the homemake ones!

If I have been poisoned, you will see threads or posts like ^&67$!@!$@#!$!A) lor.

Unless :think: U waiting for me to setup the franchise ...then come gun blazing and bustin through my doors????

p/s: Think I will shift my brewing to Batam if it is over publicised liao. :sticktong

Benign said:
If I have been poisoned, you will see threads or posts like ^&67$!@!$@#!$!A) lor.
Unless :think: U waiting for me to setup the franchise ...then come gun blazing and bustin through my doors????

p/s: Think I will shift my brewing to Batam if it is over publicised liao. :sticktong
Unlikely, I would have to book a flight ticket just to blast you! :bsmilie:

Just bought a bottle of California red for $10 (Shop n Save) why go thru the trouble of producing rice wine when u can get amazingly good stuff for 10 BUCKS! Cheers!

Just bought a bottle of California red for $10 (Shop n Save) why go thru the trouble of producing rice wine when u can get amazingly good stuff for 10 BUCKS! Cheers!

BOSS! I know you can afford :sweat:

It just that I am not very smart, want to find out the process of how to make rice wine? And hopefully can explain correctly to anyone who wish to know mah??

Haizzz, how many times I got to tell people I only got IQ of 92.......things I do or say often dun make sense 1,
:mad2:

I have a lot of rice wine in China, and they taste like kerosene....:sticktong

Benign said:
So, you are the source of rice wine poisoning in China lor :sweat:
Sssshhh...big time supplier ah:bigeyes:

This brings to mind, heard one can get brain damage from drinkimg too much of untested stuff, heard of alcohol posioning?:nono:

Benign said:
So, you are the source of rice wine poisoning in China lor :sweat:

Any alchohal is also poison,...kills millions of brain cells:bsmilie:

Benign said:
Wah, hope you are not trying to relate it to my IQ hor :embrass:

oops...i stand politcally incorrect (looking at your signature).:bsmilie:

I luv rice wines but I find Chinese rice wines not quite up to it
Get Gekkeikan Sake, best selling sake in the world! (I like the one in red box around 8-20, depending on where u buy it) heavenly, makes you long for it again and again, esp its aroma. Well it does for me.
Ganpei!

Home brewed rice wine was my science project when i was in secondary school, for my school open house

I use the fractional distillating column, condenser and stuff to make the wine more concentrated

we made one big bucket of rice wine but in the end the visitors cannot drink finish....so we finsihed the wine at the end of the open house....almost got drunk in the science lab :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

somemore, i was under 18 then, but many students also tasted the wine and the teacher never stop :bsmilie:

StreetShooter said:
But this usually applies only to distilled liquor, where the head (first part of the distillate) is not discarded.

See this: http://homedistiller.org/

Note; THIS is definitely illegal.

illegal??!

i did that for my science project during the sch open house :eek: :eek:

luckily i never go blind from drinking the distilled wine

I'll drink to that hic!

The other purpose of making rice wine for me is its usage for cooking lah. Coz it is home brewed. The wine itself is unique in its own taste.

Adding it to food, can only be uniquely your own blend of style in cooking lor. Eg. Hakka ginger chicken.

In regard to poisoning, I think it is more to do with dirty utensils and its surrounding. And those unscrupulous makers who try to speed up or mass produced by adding chemicals/substitutes to the brew. Thus render the wine unsafe.

Benign said:
The other purpose of making rice wine for me is its usage for cooking lah. Coz it is home brewed. The wine itself is unique in its own taste.

Adding it to food, can only be uniquely your own blend of style in cooking lor. Eg. Hakka ginger chicken.

I totally agree...yum...;)

It has been some time since this thread went cold... so, did anyone managed to make some rice wine? I used StreetShooter's recipe and ended up with a pale yellow liquid that taste like lemonade laced with rice wine... :bsmilie: so far, I have only done a little bit of taste test and have not had any ill effects... yet... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.