Holga User Group (aka HUG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lurgee said:
hey bro quadspd,

your pics abit too large man! :p

you can buy cheaper slides at ruby..i do remember paying $7.50 for kodak slides..but of cos fuji's more ex.

You can do xpro at Sunset way! Grace digital should be able to do it. Last time i went he does..but that was eons ago. Check with Simon and let us know! :)

now is photohub, is just beside 7-11, i asked the nice lady already she said she does x-processing :D and also she can process it on the same day :thumbsup: morning give, late afternoon/evening can pick up. oh i was asking her on her view on whether fuji or kodak for slides, she feels kodak is better in terms of colors. well anyway will try out both and i must try to be less trigger happy. :sweat: jumping from digital to film aint easy.

yay! no need go all de way to chinatown

quadspd said:
now is photohub, is just beside 7-11, i asked the nice lady already she said she does x-processing :D and also she can process it on the same day :thumbsup: morning give, late afternoon/evening can pick up. oh i was asking her on her view on whether fuji or kodak for slides, she feels kodak is better in terms of colors. well anyway will try out both and i must try to be less trigger happy. :sweat: jumping from digital to film aint easy.

yay! no need go all de way to chinatown
well iv tried both kodak and fuji for xpro. and my votes goes for fuji. sensia in exact. it has the nice green tone and kodak has hmm quite a dull reddish tone. well its my personal fav. i go to kim tian to do my cross processing. they charge me $6.50 for DO and scan and i get my film back in half an hour or even faster. :)

taken using sensia 200

F1010037.jpg

F1010035.jpg

F1010033.jpg

F1010031.jpg

bumortic said:
well iv tried both kodak and fuji for xpro. and my votes goes for fuji. sensia in exact. it has the nice green tone and kodak has hmm quite a dull reddish tone. well its my personal fav. i go to kim tian to do my cross processing. they charge me $6.50 for DO and scan and i get my film back in half an hour or even faster. :)

what is DO btw?.... and what scan? :embrass: paiseh these terms i not familiar.

anyway photohut charges me $5, and is like 5-10mins walk away from my house. so processing time doesnt really bother me :p

quadspd said:
what is DO btw?.... and what scan? :embrass: paiseh these terms i not familiar.

anyway photohut charges me $5, and is like 5-10mins walk away from my house. so processing time doesnt really bother me :p
developing.

That's all???

tentative project title : Project XXX (eXpose,eXchange,eXperiment)

film format : 35mm color transparency

anyone?

a show of hands who's interested...

1. Stereobox
2. AngelZhou ( but StereoBox u sponsor me cam etc =p )
3. lurgee
4. sathea
5. bumortic (can i use slr?)
6. dilysss

hey bumortic. kim tian does do and scanning for $6.50?! omg so cheap! but that is for 35mm film right?

just developed my first holga film. for 8 bucks at ruby. i am soooo broke!

frinchy said:
hey bumortic. kim tian does do and scanning for $6.50?! omg so cheap! but that is for 35mm film right?

yes 6.50 for 35 and 10 for 120

frinchy said:

bumortic said:
yes 6.50 for 35 and 10 for 120

i've got a flatbed scanner. so, all i need to do is to send my film for do and i will get the negs in return, then i can scan it?

thanks.

just wondering if anybody knows if ruby still sells lca? called e embassy and was told that its production has stopped since last yr =( but im interested in getting one. read back and saw that i could actually get one in ruby @ $330.

oh ya and here's a shot from me, my first successful one =)

holga2.jpg

modusoperandi said:
just wondering if anybody knows if ruby still sells lca? called e embassy and was told that its production has stopped since last yr =( but im interested in getting one. read back and saw that i could actually get one in ruby @ $330.

holga2.jpg
if u go down to the embassy. ask for cat. she has some recon sets selling at $330. and i think she does have some brand new sets selling at $440

z-oal said:
i've got a flatbed scanner. so, all i need to do is to send my film for do and i will get the negs in return, then i can scan it?

thanks.

does your scanner have negative scanning capabalities? if so then can scan yourself loh.

modusoperandi said:

the last i went..ruby doesn't have any lca left but if you ard the area just drop by to check loh.

did the embassay tell you if they have any lca left?

cool..let's see more holgas from you!

lurgee said:
does your scanner have negative scanning capabalities? if so then can scan yourself loh.

sorry, does EPSON Perfection 4490 has neg scanning possibilites? if it doesn't, how? ;p

z-oal said:
sorry, does EPSON Perfection 4490 has neg scanning possibilites? if it doesn't, how? ;p

alamak..you gotta be kidding..it's your own scanner! :p

Anyway it does..you need the negative holder and use the software though. Everything should be included when you bought your scanner.

lurgee said:
alamak..you gotta be kidding..it's your own scanner! :p

Anyway it does..you need the negative holder and use the software though. Everything should be included when you bought your scanner.

haha, sorry. actly, i'm going to buy soon; next week probably. anyway, thanks! :)

lurgee said:
wah..cheat my feelings. :p

Haha..okies..if you can afford get the 4990!

haha, sorry la. ;) there isn't any much diff right btwn them? btw, i'm shooting 120 everytime does 4990 support it too?

Status
Not open for further replies.